10 | Memories replaced

╔══════════════╗

𝗖𝗵. 𝗧𝗲𝗻

⬧︎ 𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗸𝗼𝗼𝗸'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ⬧︎

╚══════════════╝

۩۞۩───── ✧ ───── ۩۞۩

Bad memories can be replaced by good ones.

THOSE WERE the words that were resonating inside his entire body. Jungkook didn't know what he was feeling as he stared deeply into the monitor.

He saw it. The baby.

Mirae's baby.

Happiness was leaking through her eyes. Mirae had her other hand capping over her face. The one that was still held by Jungkook was being squeezed by her.

Jungkook's eyes never fled from the spot. A new life has been formed. The one that he saved. He smiled softly, his eyes shining. 

He's finally closer to happiness.

Mrs. Kwon was greeted by the warm sight, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Mirae― darling!" Mrs. Kwon cried excitedly as she neared the girl laying on the bed. She stifled the urge to hug her daughter-like child.

The older lady gave a beam to the boy, realizing that he had been there with the girl all the time.

She caressed Mirae's forehead. "Darling― Your child."

"Yes..." The younger girl's reply came out as a whisper.

"My child..."

The one whom she could've ended if it wasn't him. She looked over at the man whose eyes were still stuck on the monitor.

Jeon Jungkook. I owe you my whole life.

Dr. Manoban broke the quietness of happiness, a hint of tension lacing through her face.