15 | The Anonymous message

╔══════════════╗

𝗖𝗵. 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

⬧︎ 𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗸𝗼𝗼𝗸'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ⬧︎

╚══════════════╝

۩۞۩ ───── ✧ ───── ۩۞۩

MIRAE WIPED away her tears.

"Jungkook?"

He remained inside the car, maintaining a sedate face. He reiterated his words under his flares once more, buying her nod.

Jungkook's icy tone sent a chill down her spine. She wasn't expecting him to be here at all. 

Once she had buckled her seatbelt, he ignited the engine and started driving off.

The serenity brought up the loneliness inside her. It was killing her secretively. She wanted to scream and yell in pain yet tears were miles away from her eyes. Jungkook's harsh breathings that filled the peacefulness weren't helping at all.

She missed him, unknowingly. She wanted to see him, to know whether he was fine now. Although, it didn't seem like the right time for it.

"When did you get back?" She plucked up the courage to ask, her eyes moving to where he had been sitting.

He didn't turn to her. If he had not replied, then anyone would have thought that he had disdained her pause. But he replied, rather icily.

"Morning."

Mirae tilted her head, analyzing his cold tone. Jungkook seemed irritable and she understood that she was the only reason for his bad temper.

She chose to speak nothing afterward.

Her palms had been clasped to the surface of her baby bump as she caressed it gently. No one would figure out that she's pregnant at first glance.

Mrs. Kwon had reassuringly told her that it might be so since it's the first time conceiving. Nevertheless, it still haunts.

Her own mother told her to abort the child, who is the only reason why she's staying alive. She couldn't fathom how that woman, who happens to be a mother of two, had the guts to tell her daughter to murder her baby.

It angered her but at the same time saddened her.

She caressed her belly once again, looking at it with a hint of sadness evident in her eyes.