14 | His Return

╔══════════════╗

𝗖𝗵. 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

⬧︎ 𝗠𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗲'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ⬧︎

╚══════════════╝

۩۞۩───── ✧ ───── ۩۞۩

MRS. KWON STUCK up her bothered face through the window once again at the girl who was wearing a full-sleeved cotton gown with floral prints all over it and had slipped a beige cotton jacket above it. She had tied up her long hair into a ponytail and had covered her face with a black mask.

"Are you sure about this, darling?" Mrs. Kwon asked for the nth time as Mirae wore her sandals.

Mirae was slightly annoyed at the older lady, not because of her persistent nagging but because of her lack of concern regarding her own health.

It all started this morning.

It had always been Mrs. Kwon who does the grocery shopping. She didn't believe that sending any of the maids that they had there would be any good.

The servants would forget to bring at least one essential thing every time they had gone to fetch groceries. This always pestered Mrs. Kwon to an extent. She never denounced Jungkook about it though, since she didn't want the servants to be fired all at once.

Talking about him, it's been three days since Jungkook had been at home. Mrs. Kwon informed Mirae that Jungkook is going to stay at his apartment for some days.

She said that he needs some space.

Mirae didn't ask anything further, though she was worried about him as well.

Is he eating enough? Is he sleeping well?

She wasn't sure. He only knows to worry about everyone else after all. Nonetheless, Mirae was somehow glad deep inside that Jungkook wasn't here, at least for now.

Not when Mrs. Kwon tripped and sprained her ankle.