Ranpo-kun

"If you don't mind me asking, what are your names?", you ask, a few minutes later, interrupting whatever conversation the two males were having.

"Edogawa Ranpo, Doppo Kunikida.", Ranpo pointed to himself then at Kunikda, pausing to do so.

"Ah so Ranpo-kun and Kunikida-san right?", you ask putting your gloved hand out for them to shake.

"San.", Ranpo corrects as he shakes your hand.

"San? I'm not that young! I'm only 24!", you laugh shaking Kunikida's hand.

"Ranpo-san is 26, I'm 22.", Kunikida smiles, amused that you thought you were older than Ranpo.

"Oh! Sorry- I thought Ranpo-san would be in his early 20's.", you laugh as the three of you start walking again.

"What about Kunikida-kun then?", Ranpo asks.

"Maybe early thirties?", you say frankly.

Kunikida frowns, as Ranpo bursts out with snickers.

"Ah and your name?", Ranpo asks, still snickering, but less this time so he could talk somewhat clearly.

"y/n.", you respond.

"y/n? That's a pretty name. Hey can I have a dango?", Ranpo asks pointing at the box, stopping again.

"Don't give him any, he won't start walking again until he finishes it.", Kunikida warns as you open the box.

"Only one.", you smile, handing Ranpo one dango.

"Thanks.", Ranpo takes the dango and quickly puts it in his mouth and silently chews.

"Come on let's start walking without him.", Kunikida waves his hand, signaling you to follow him.

"So where do you work?", you ask, realizing you didn't quite know where they were taking you.

"The Armed Detective Agency.", Ranpo answered from behind the both of you, making you jump, and earning a glare from Kunikida.

"The what?", you ask again, not quite hearing him because of the lagged response.

"How tall are you?", Ranpo asked, instead of answering your question.

"Huh? Er, 5'6.", you respond.

"I'm asking for the height you are when your feet are touching the ground, not the height you are when you're in those shoes.", Ranpo smirks.

"5'5 and a half.", you mumble, slightly embarresed.

"So 5'5?", Kunikida asks, stifling his laugh, taking out his phone.

"Well, yeah I guess.", you sigh, knowing there's no way you can win this.

Ranpo gives a small laugh before speeding up to match the pace of you and Kunikida.

"How did you know I was unemployed? I don't look like someone who doesn't have a job right?", you ask, straightening out your dress shirt.

"The way you act. And the fact that you only got one box of only 6 hanami dangos.", Ranpo stated.

"I always get 6- It lasts me until dinner.", you laughed.

"You should eat more then.", Ranpo said back to you, stopping in front of a red brick building.

"This is it.", Kunikida says, putting his phone in his pocket and opening the door.

"Ladies first!", Ranpo smiles, moving out of the way for you.

"Thank you.", you smile back, but feel a slight uneasiness as you enter the building. It was a small cafe, with an old man brewing some coffee and a girl with crimson hair, cleaning the table.

They ignore you as Ranpo and Kunikida lead you upstairs. As Kunikida nears the door, his phone starts to ring. Quickly picking it up, he nods and looks from you, to the door. Cutting the call, he turns back to you.

"There seems to be a problem.", he grimaces.

"What's wrong?", you ask glancing at the door.

"We appear to be having a hostage case on our hands.", he slowly says glancing at the door.

a/n: why hello there 👀 sooo i decided to make this ff after everything has happened, so like after season 3 of bsd. so consider this during the period the bsd wan series takes place! also i didnt spend all day yesterday binging it 💃💃 i plan to update this ff everyday, or every other day. the chapters are only a mere 600-1000 words, if u do want me to lengthen the chapter length then pls let me know! thats it from me, have a wonderful rest of ur day reader!