Udon

"Alright whose paying?", Akiko asked passing around the menu given by the waiter.

"WOAH WOAH THERE! Isn't the person who wanted to eat out in the first place supposed to pay?", you cross your arms and lean forward.

"Well maybe we should change the norm!", Akiko defended, but it clearly wasn't buying anyone.

"Lost again Akiko-san!", Ranpo grinned, sliding the menu towards her.

"Screw you both.", Akiko rolled her eyes before fishing in her pocket for her wallet.

"Do you want to split the same meal again? To cut the expenses for Akiko-san.", you ask Ranpo.

"Yes please!", Akiko nodded her head, putting her wallet on the table.

"Alright why not.", Ranpo shrugged his shoulders before calling the waiter over. "2 plates of yaki udon!"

"Oh really, you're gonna pick the most expensive one?", Akiko sighed, before ordering 3 cups of sake.

"We just drank yesterday!", you laugh, taking the cup of sake the waiter placed down in front of you a few minutes later.

"Eh today's Sunday.", Ranpo shrugged before taking a sip of the alcohol.

"Okay maybe just a little sip.", you say, gulping down a lot more than just a sip.

"Ahuh just a sip.", Akiko said amused.

"Here are your udons.", the waiter came around and placed the steaming bowls of udon in front of the three of you. "Be careful they're very-"

The waiter didn't get to finish his sentence before Ranpo accidently burned his tongue, eager to take a bite of the meal.

"AHHAHA ITS HOT!", Ranpo franticly picked up Akiko's cup of sake and dumped it in his mouth. That obviously didn't do anything, and might've even made it worse because Ranpo looked like he was on the verge of tears.

The waiter immediately rushed to get some water for Ranpo, while you tried to get him to open his mouth and take big breaths of air. Akiko on the other hand was laughing her head off at the sight.

The waiter rushed back with a glass of water, which you took from his hand and quickly poured some into Ranpo's mouth. Poor Ranpo was breathing heavily and glaring at Akiko.

"Are you okay now Ranpo?", you asked, rubbing his back.

"Y-yeah.", he replied, his voice still a bit raspy. "BUT YOU KNOW WHAT'S NOT FINE AKAIKO-S-"

"AYE- SHUT IT EVERYONE IS ALREADY STARING!", you quickly stop Ranpo, and shush Akiko.

"Well the udon should've cooled down now-", Akiko wheezed, still giggling a little.

You couldn't help smiling too as you slid the bowl closer to you and handed a spoon to Ranpo.

"Oh wait- We should've gotten another bowl.", you frown.

"Don't bother, the poor waiter already had enough of us.", Akiko said.

"It should be fine, we have two spoons after all.", Ranpo said.

"Alright then.", you shrug, taking a small bite of the udon noodles.

"Is it good?", Ranpo asked.

"Mhm!", you grin, already going in for a second bite. But as you brought your head to the bowl, Ranpo did the same, making you both knock heads. Both your heads slammed together onto the table, tipping the udon bowl making it fly off the table, sending the noodle soup everywhere.

"Ah shit-.", you groan, pulling your head back up and looking at the mess on the ground.

"Ah shit indeed y/n-chan.", Ranpo said looking at the mess and slowly smiling.

All of a sudden he burst out laughing, followed by you and Akiko. You all were eventually kicked out of the restaurant, still having to pay the bill.

"I'm never bringing you guys out to eat again.", Akiko sighed as you all walked into the dorm complex.

"Hey it wasn't our- Well okay maybe it was our fault, but you had fun right?", you laugh.

"You could say.", Akiko shrugged, smiling a little, before going to her dorm.

"See you tomorrow for work!", you wave at Akiko as you and Ranpo head upstairs.

"Didja have a nice time y/n-chan?", Ranpo asked as you unlocked your dorm.

"Oh hell yeah!", you nod your head and flash a grin.

Ranpo smiled back before heading to his dorm. Unlocking the door, you take off your shoes and get ready for bed. After you finish washing up, and turning the heater one, you roll out your futon and lie down. Just as you started to drift in to a light sleep, you hear soft knocking coming from outside your door. Sighing, you get up and open the door to see Ranpo wrapped in a blanket standing outside your door.

"What is it Ranpo-san.", you yawn, letting him inside.

"The heater in my dorm isn't working.", he stated, already lying down on the futon.

"Ah okay, you wanna sleep in here then?", you ask, but noticed that he was already snoring.

You give a half smile as you crawl onto the loveseats and drift off into a deep sleep.

a/n: why hello my lovely readers!! sorry for not updating in a week, i've been busy working on school stuff to raise my grades :') but i hope you enjoyed this chapter >:D i really had no idea what to write but hey at least i finished it sometime (o|o)  ilyasm, see u next chapter :)