Birthday

You sigh, rolling onto your back. Suddenly, you jolt up. A blast. Chemicals. Could it have been that he was tired and accidently mixed the wrong chemicals? But if that was the case it would've been because.. Because you had made the other chemical disappear.. So in other words, you were the at fault for your father's death. You were the murderer.

                                                                        5 months later

"Y/n-chan are you done yet?", Ranpo called out to you.

"Ayee almost!", you call back, opening your drawer of gloves.

You look at each of them carefully, before choosing a slick black pair, pairing well with your blazer.

"That took some time!", Ranpo smiled, looking at what you were wearing. It was very flattering, and you felt great in it.

"Aye aye come on now, we'll be late for our reservation.", you laugh, pushing Ranpo out the door.

You both were going on your monthly date. The agency was very busy lately, so you treasured these dates. 

"Did you choose a very expensive place this month y/n-chan?", Ranpo asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Nope, but it feels nice to have something waiting just for you.", you grin.

Ranpo laughed, and you both started chatting away. You've been dating for almost half a year now, and safe to say it'd stay this way forever.

"Is this the place?", Ranpo looking at the quaint cafe you both had stopped in front of.

"It is! It's not even a mile from the agency!", you tug at Ranpo's jacket, pulling him inside.

"Ah, you picked a nice place y/n-chan!", Ranpo said, looking at the sweets that were on display. Other than the fact the cafe was nice and small, they also had a very wide selection of sweets, which is why you chose it.

"Hello! Do you have a reserved table for tonight?", a waiter walking towards the both of you asked.

"We do! It's under the name l/n f/n?"

"Ah right! Follow me!", the waiter ushered the both of you to the very back of the cafe, and stopped in front of a door, pushing it open.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANPO-SAN!", Dazai yelled, once the door was pushed open.

"DAZAI-KUN WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GO ON MY COUNT!", Kunikida yelled, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Oii it's okay we were gonna say it eventually anyways!", Akiko sighed, smiling as she turned to Ranpo.

"Happy birthday Ranpo-san!", she said, as everyone else emerged from behind chairs and the table which was set up in the room.

"Happy birthday love!", you say, placing a kiss on Ranpo's cheek.

"Where's the cake then?", Ranpo grinned.

                                                                               •  •  •

Everyone had a blast at the birthday. The cake was the first thing devoured by everyone, followed by drinks by the adults, and some other treats. 

"Ok Dazai-kun it's time you admitted it.", Ranpo said, taking a sip from his wine glass.

"Admit what Ranpo-san?", Dazai replied, swirling the wine in his cup around.

"About Chuuya-san, Dazai-san!", Kenji called from the other side of the room.

"EHH?? CHUUYA-KUN?? NO WAY!", Dazai immediately jumped up, and waved his glass around, spilling a bit of wine.

"Yes way! I told you we would never forget!", you laugh.

"In my defense, Akutagawa and Atsushi are far from enemies aswell.", Dazai smirked.

"HAH WAIT WHAT WAS THAT?", Akiko whipped her head.

"HOW DID MY NAME GET DRAGGED IN?", Atsushi frowned.

"We all got dragged in somehow Atsushi-kun!", you grin, pulling close to Ranpo.

                                                                        •  •  •

"Thank you for tonight y/n-chan.", Ranpo said, sitting on the couch in the dorm, his eyes a little hazey because of the drinks, and the time.

"Of course Ranpo-kun.", you smile, sitting down next to him, leaning on him.

"You're pretty great eh y/n-chan?", Ranpo said.

"I am aren't I?", you laugh as you hear Ranpo's soft snores fill the room.

You smile at him, and feel happy. Truly happy. Almost a year ago you were a mad man, not knowing who you were. And just 5 months ago you realized you had basically killed your father. You had kept it to you for a few months, before telling Ranpo. You didn't know what to expect from telling him. Maybe you expected him to leave you? Maybe you expected him to ignore you? Never the less, he didn't do either. He assured you. He told you it would be fine. And that your dad knew you didn't mean it. And even if those words weren't much, they were something. Those words assured you.

Before Ranpo, before the agency, you were a castaway. Stuck at sea with no boat, no house, no one there for you. You didn't know when the ship would tip again. You couldn't even launch lifeboats so you wouldn't drown. But Ranpo had launched those lifeboats for you. And for that you would be ever thankful. You were no longer a castaway, because before it was just you and yourself, but now, it was you and Ranpo. 

a/n: AND THAT MY FRIENDS, IS THE END OF CASTAWAYS!! i hope you guys enjoyed reading this book, and ik it wasnt by best work, but my writing will get better with every book, i swear! and now that this book is finished, im going to jump into writing another book soon! if you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them on my message board, or in the comments!! tysm for reading Castaways, i will forever be grateful for every single one of you ('▽'ʃ❤ƪ)