Kiss

It's been a few days since you had thought about your father's case. And at around the 2 day mark when you realized it, you were starting to get guilty. You were enjoying yourself so much. Being around your friends, being with Ranpo, you were were so much happier than you were only a few months ago. The bulletin board was still up with everything you had summed up so far. 

"You okay y/n-chan?", Ranpo sat down beside you, following your gaze to the bulletin board on the wall.

"Ah.. Well y/n-chan, I hope you do realize, your father probably wouldn't want you being cooped up inside, thinking about how he died, now would he?", Ranpo teased, making you smile.

"I know.", you reply, the smile on your face turning back into a slight frown.

"Look, of all people, I shouldn't be saying this, but maybe, maybe I was a bit drunk that night.", Ranpo said.

"Yeah well look, we've gotten far, we're getting somewhere!", you exclaim, not letting this slip your hands so easily.

"Y/n-chan listen to me. We haven't gotten anywhere. Admit it. This was all on the whim. You freaking got kidnapped!", Ranpo said, getting up.

"Ranpo-kun we've come so far though!", you say, getting up to.

"Y/n-chan. We have gotten nowhere. Please listen. Even if this all is going somewhere, would your dad really want this for you?", Ranpo said, looking you in the eye. "Would he want you running around like a mad person? Wasting your time?"

"I'm not wasting my time Ranpo-kun! He was my freaking dad! How could I not want to know what happened! And I got kidnapped, not killed!", you shoot back, your voice raising a little.

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT!", Ranpo yelled, startling you. "That's not the point. Because what if you had died. What if we weren't so lucky. What if you had just left us. What if you had left me y/n-chan?"

"But I wouldn't have. I wouldn't have left you. I would've done everything I had in me to not leave you.", you breathed, making Ranpo's eyes soften. He took your hands into his, not breaking eye contact.

"Y/n-chan please promise me then. Promise me that you won't do anything without telling me. Promise me you won't do anything without me.", Ranpo slowly said.

"I promise.", you smile in return.

"You know what would be nice right now y/n-chan?", Ranpo asked, a small smirk creeping up onto his face.

"I don't know Ranpo-kun. What would be nice right now?", you ask, not expecting what was about to happen.

Ranpo smirked, and quickly leaned in, closing the gap between you both. His lips stamped onto yours. Your eyes widened, your lips curling into a small smile. You felt Ranpo's do the same, so you closed your eyes and hugged him, not breaking the kiss.

"I love you y/n-chan.", Ranpo blushed, pulling away.

"Is the great Edogawa Ranpo expressing his love like this?", you laugh.

"Hey look I didn't think anyone could make me like this alright? But here you are!", Ranpo grinned, his playful self shining through.

"I can't believe I actually watched all of that!", a voice cackled from the doorway. 

You look towards the doorway, to see Dazai and Akiko.

"WHEN DID YOU GUYS GET HERE?", you immediately yell, sending Dazai into fits of laughter.

"Ahh when uh, when Ranpo-san got all lovey dovey? Hey don't think we haven't noticed both of you calling each other -kun and -chan. Cut the crap you both are hella cute.", Akiko laughed, slapping Dazai on the back to get him to stop laughing.

"Ah wait but Y/n-san, can we still Ranpo-san for a second? President-san asked for him.", Dazai, hiccupped because of the laughing. He ushered Ranpo with him and Akiko, leaving you alone in the dorm.

You smiled. You had just freaking kissed Ranpo. On the lips. Darn right you were smiling. You flopped onto the futon. You rolled over, facing the bulletin board. There were pictures of your childhood home, and things about your father. You think back to that day. You were leaving for a job interview. You were in the workshop with your dad. He had gone to the kitchen to get you something for lunch.

You remember you were messing around for a little. He was working on a baby shower bomb, so he was working with a couple of chemicals to make the colors vibrant and burst. He was working on it all night too, he wanted it to be perfect. You had forgotten to wear your gloves, and accidently touched one of the chemicals containers laying on the table. Your dad came back almost at the same time, and ushered you off to the interview with the lunch.

It was in the middle of the interview when you got a call from a neighbor. They were franticly trying to explain what happened, but all you understood that your father had died from a blast in his workshop. You weren't able to process anything. You remember it so clearly too.

You sigh, rolling onto your back. Suddenly, you jolt up. A blast. Chemicals. Could it have been that he was tired and accidently mixed the wrong chemicals? But if that was the case it would've been because.. Because you had made the other chemical disappear.. So in other words, you were the at fault for your father's death. You were the murderer.

a/n: well, that was something heh? i wanted to have some foreshadowing when i was writing this story to indicate this might happen, but i completely forgot about it, so i made it rly sudden. buttt i hope you're not too mad at me (>人<;)on a different note though, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 5k+ READS!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU SO MUCH!! have a wonderful rest of your day everyone, and ill see you next chapter ('▽'ʃ❤ƪ)