Jail

a/n: d/n = dad's name

"Wait I still don't know where we're heading.", you point out, making Akiko stifle a laugh.

"BUT I LOOKED SO FRICKING COOL WHEN I DID THAT WHOLE THING!", Ranpo whined, making the other people in the bus glance at the three of you.

"We're going to the jail.", Akiko clarified.

"The jail!? Why!?", you ask, immediately jumping up, ready to kick down the doors of the bus and jump out.

"To visit your dad's 'friend' .", Ranpo said, doing air quotations when he said friends.

"What? What happened?", you ask, sitting down again.

"He assisted in the robbery.", Akiko said.

"What how? He's-", you started but was immediately cut off by the bus driver.

"YOKOHAMA CITY JAIL! ALL PEOPLE STOPPING AT YOKOHAMA CITY JAIL THIS IS YOUR STOP!", the bus driver yelled.

You, Ranpo, and Akiko got out of the bus, and entered the jail.

"Who you here to see?", a police officer asked, stopping the three of you at the entrance.

"D/N.", Ranpo said.

"Ah, right this way.", the officer led the three of them into the building.

"Do they not check ID's?", you ask, quite puzzled as to how they just let anyone in.

"They have too many people to even care about ID's, they'd let the mafia in if they didn't know.", Akiko said, shaking her head.

"This is his cell, you have 30 minutes.", the officer led you to the cell and left the three of you there.

"Hello hello? You in there?", Ranpo peered into the cell to see a man squatted in the corner scratching at the wall. From the looks of it his fingers are bloody and raw.

"Ranpo-san he's-", you again start, but was cut off my Ranpo.

"Hold on I got this.", he interrupted you. Looking around, he spotted a baton. Grabbing it, he poked the man through the bars, making the man whip his head around. Getting up, he walked to the bars.

"What was your part in the robbery?", Ranpo demanded him.

The man simply shook his head and started making signs with his fingers.

Ranpo frowned and turned around to look at you and Akiko for answers

"Like I tried to tell you before, he's mute and deaf.", you sighed, pointing to the hearing aids.

"He's what?", Ranpo asked.

"Mute and-"

"Shit they must've had it easy with the robbery then..", Ranpo said.

"Well that still doesn't explain why he was using my dad's name.", you mumbled.

"Your right- Akiko-san you know sign language right?", he asked turning to Akiko.

"How wise of you to finally acknowledge my existence! Yes I do in fact know sign language.", Akiko rolled her eyes, moving towards the man.

"Alright, what was your part in the robbery?", Ranpo repeated.

"Didn't have a part, was just paid to stay quiet, was just a-", Akiko narrated what the man was saying until she stopped.

"Why'd you stop?", you asked.

"I thought he worked on fake bombs till he was arrested?", Akiko said, turning to Ranpo.

"Probably a side thing, he was probably a night time shift guard at the bank.", Ranpo stated.

"Ah okay.", Akiko said turning back to the man.

"Alright what's your name?", Ranpo asked.

"Enzo Haruto.", Akiko said.

"Wait- So if.. Wait if-", you started tripping over your words, as Ranpo and Akiko both looked at each other in shock.

                                                   ~ A while or so later!! ~

"This is so much bigger than I thought it would be.", Ranpo rubbed his temples.

"We have solid clues now though!", you say, trying to be optimistic.

"We do...", Ranpo nodded.

"Why were his fingers bleeding though?", you ask Ranpo.

"Prisoners will do that just to get out of the jail for a bit to get medical attention because the police wouldn't want them to die from infections caused by the wound. Maybe he planned on escaping once they brought him out of the cell.", Ranpo replied looking up at the sky.

"Does that mean he's been in jail before?", you ask, your eyes widening.

"My guess is probably not.", Ranpo shrugged.

"Augh enough of this case stuff, it's making my stomach hurt. Speaking of which.", Akiko grabbed you and Ranpo and faced you both towards a small restaurant.

"I'm hungry.", you immediately say.

a/n: HELLO HELLO !! i hope you enjoyed this short chapter!! ilya sm mwah mwah ty for the amazing comments theyre so amazing, and before i end the chapter here i have made a little rhyme for ranpo!! *ahem* Roses are red, violets are blue, i love ranpo and so do you! thank you all for read see you later!!