chapter 31

3 Chapters in one Day? We're popping off.

 The next morning I woke up to a knock on my door. Sapnap and I went through our normal routine of me getting out of bed and him whining. I got up and rushed to the door as soon as possible. It was Eret. "Ah [y/n]! Just who I was looking for!" Eret says. Eret had a bag in his hand.

"Can you give me a second? I just woke up." I tell him.

"Of course, I brought some muffins from nikki." He says motioning to the bag in his hand.

"Here you can sit inside, I'll just be a second." I say. Eret sits at the table and I go to the bedroom.

"Who is it?" Sapnap says groaning.

"Eret." I respond. I get clothes out and get changed. I was about to put my armor on when Sapnap wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"Ughhh. I don't want to get up." he complains.

"I know." I say. I pull away and kiss his cheek. Then I put my armor on and walked into the kitchen. "Ok what did you want to talk about?" I ask.

"Can we talk away from Sapnap? Or anyone for that matter. Here have a muffin." Eret says. I take a blueberry muffin and thank him.

"Yea where do you want to go?" I ask.

"We can go wherever you think there won't be anyone to listen. If you're comfortable enough we can go to my castle." He says.

"Castle sounds good." I say. I said goodbye to sapnap and eret and I walked to his castle. He led me to a conference type room in one of the towers in his castle.

"So, I'm not gonna sugarcoat this, I'm starting a war. And I don't know if you remember this but months ago I said I thought you could be valuable. I want you on my side." Eret says. He phrased it so bluntly that I didn't know how to respond for a second.

"I can't fight against Quackity or Tubbo." I say. Eret chuckles.

"I already have Quackity on our side. And I don't know if you know this but Tubbo technically betrayed Lmanburg. I guess no one else has connected the dots but still." Eret says.

"Okay we will come back to Quackity but how is Tubbo a traitor?" I ask.

"Tubbo has been in contact with Tommy. I don't know how but he has. He is supposed to inform Schlatt but he hasn't. As far as Quackity goes he's already agreed to do whatever it takes to get Schlatt removed from power. As long as Lmanburgs citizens aren't hurt." Eret says. I watched Erets eyes carefully. Something was off. His body language didn't register with what he was saying. He seemed anxious.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I ask. Eret gulps. I needed to get more information out of him. "How will joining you benefit me?" I ask.

"Listen, I can have Quackity talk to you if you don't believe me. And when we win this war, Lmanburg becomes a sovereign nation under the smp. Part of that means discussing how it will be ruled and I think you could have a very big role in Lmanburgs government." Eret says. Sovereign nation? After all they had worked through to gain Independence. It didn't feel right.

"Quackity doesn't know that you plan on making Lmanburg a sovereign nation does he?" I ask. Erets face goes white. Then I notice something. A shadow. It was barely detectable but it was there. The shadow had a distinct mask. Had he been here the whole time? Did Dream know? I would play his game then.

"No... He doesn't." Eret stammers.

"Right then. And will wilbur get to take his rightful place as president?" I ask.

"I was thinking there wouldn't be a president under my kingdom." Eret says. He was scrambling. I had backed him into a corner.

"So then you would have supreme authority?" I ask.

"No..." Eret replies. I stood up and turned around to face Dream who definitely didn't know I was aware of his presence. "Then you would rule over Lmanburg." I say in the most intimidating tone I can.

"How did you-" Dream begins. His facial expressions were calm but his tone was full of surprise. "Eret I told you she was too smart for this." Dram says.

"I thought maybe-" Eret begins.

"You thought you could trick me into being loyal to you. You thought you could get me on your side by going behind my back." I say cutting him off.

"[y/n] I would have told you." Dream says.

"You would've?" Eret responds surprised. Part of me believes Dream but the other part wonders if he's just saying what he thinks I want to hear.

"The bottom line is that you still tried. I want full honesty right now. If you want me on your side for this fight you're gonna tell me all of your intentions." I say.

"Alright. I want to get Schlatt out of power and if that means threatening war then so be it. If I get Schlatt out of power I plan to make Lmanburg a territory of my kingdom which is a nation of the SMP." Eret says. I look at Dream. He seemed disappointed in Eret.

"Tell her the rest." Dream says.

"I plan to let you rule over Lmanburg and allow them to be their own territory, just not independent." Eret says. I shook my head softly.

"No. Lmanburg fought hard for Independence from the SMP. No." I say.

"[y/n] What do you want me to say? What was the point of the war then." Eret responds.

"If I fight in this war on your side Lmanburg keeps its independence but stays in alliance with the rest of the SMP. We won't have tariffs for trade with Eret or anyone else in the SMP. We already fought for our independence. Believe me Lmanburg will fight as long as it takes to get it back." I say.

"Then we gain nothing from this war." Eret says.

"Oh c'mon. We both know Schlatt will start a war eventually. Let's not wait until he has the resources to do it." Dream says. Eret nods and seems to agree. "But [y/n] you do realize you're not a citizen of Lmanburg. Where is the sudden patriotism coming from?" Dream asks. I shrugged.

"I'll be honest I'm not sure. I guess I just have compassion for its citizens." I respond. Dream shakes his head.

"When you're one of the most important people in Lmanburg and the SMP, I'll get to say I knew it all along." Dream says.

"Hey I said it first." Eret responds. I smiled at the two. We had reached an agreement. We were going to save Lmanburg from its dictator and in the process get back Wilbur and Tommy.