~Prologue~

Elijah had been a close friend to the Alami family after he helped them with a pack of werewolves they were having problems with.

Now that was generations ago and the family had only been human. But the Alami family had been very kind to him and gave him a promise. The next girl to be born in the Alami family would be promised to him.

Elijah didn't like the idea of having someone tied to him without their consent, but before he could tell them. Klaus daggered him. He was asleep for so long that he didn't know when the next female Alami was born. 

Until he was undaggered.

Now he was on his way to the same town where the last of the Alami family was located—the one Alami who just so happened to be a girl and a Lockwood.

~~~

Nesryn was born in New York on March 15th, 1994, she was never given a chance by her birth parents. They weren't married and she had been a drunken mistake, but Carol and Richard Lockwood couldn't have any more children after the birth of their son.

 When they had gotten the call on Richard's birthday about a little girl. They knew she was the one they were meant to have.

Nesryn was given a second chance that day and she was going to live an extraordinary life, but what she and her family didn't know was the history of her birth father and his family. How his ancestors had promised her to someone long before she was even a thought. Or how just like the Lockwoods, her birth mother came from a werewolf bloodline. 

Now with her father dead, she feels as if she is the one that has to keep her family from falling apart. While helping her brother keep his anger at bay and making sure her mother doesn't spiral, she doesn't notice how she is bottling up her feelings. But it's only a matter of time until her air-tight bottle breaks.

~~~

But even then a witch on the other side had given Nesryn the gift of being the only person that can provide the original vampire the one thing he can not have. A second chance, to finally be happy.