~Dinner Party~

I ended up going to a party with mom the next day, it was basically a tea party but Elijah had texted me and told me he would be there. So after convincing my mom that I wasn't going to simply make jokes and eat the free food, which was a lie, she agreed for me to go.

"No, I'm focusing mostly on the smaller regions of Virginia. Lots of research, strictly academic." Elijah said as he gave my mom a smile.

"That's fascinating." Mom said, but Damon caught her eye as he walked up to us. I noticed Elijah step slightly closer to me. After I told him that Damon was rude to me when I tried to get the stake out of his chest, he held on to a grudge for the oldest Salvatore.

"Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of Mystic Falls founding families." Mom said as she gave Damon a sweet smile.

"Mmhmm, such a pleasure to meet you." Damon said as he glared at Elijah before looking at me with a smirk.

"No, pleasures all mine. Nesryn actually already told me that the Salvatores are a founding family." Elijah said as he shook hands with Damon.

After Damon and Mom quit talking, Elijah excused himself, and I told Mom I had to go to the bathroom. I walked into my dad's office right when Elijah started talking to Damon again.

"What can I do for you, Damon?" Elijah asked as I walked up to him, but he just stared at Damon with a bored look on his face.

"I was hoping we could have a word." Damon said looking over his shoulder.

'Where's Elena?" Elijah asked as he looked around the room as if he's never been in it before.

"Safe, with Stefan. They're laying low, you know. Bit of a werewolf problem, thanks to Nesryn's brother. Who knows maybe she's one too." Damon said as he glared at me.

"I'm not a werewolf if I was you wouldn't have left bruises on me when I tried to help Elijah, or I could have simply fought you and we wouldn't have to deal with you anymore. Honestly, that's my favorite one. I would have done it too." I said as I glared at him, Elijah shot me a small smile over his shoulder before facing forward again.

"Both of you please, stop, and yes Damon I know. Nesryn came to me for help when he killed that Tommy boy." Elijah said as he ran his fingers on the top of the couch.

"Oh, did she now? Well, Nesryn did you know it was his witch that saved the day?" Damon asked.

"How am I supposed to know, I wasn't there when it happened Damon." I said as I stepped closer to the men.

"You are welcome." Elijah said to Damon before looking over at me.

"Which adds to my confusion on why you're here, playing around with the little Lockwood pup." Damon said pointing over at me.

"Why don't you leave Nesryn out of your thoughts and stay focused on keeping Elena safe? And leave the rest to me." Elijah said as he turned to me and lightly pushed me to the door. But Damon sped in front of us and pulled me to his chest and wrapped his hand around my throat.

"Not good enough." Damon said. 

Elijah quickly removed Damon's hand from my throat and pushed him against the wall. As Damon tried to grab Elijah's throat, Elijah pulled his hand away like it was nothing.

"You young vampires are so arrogant. How dare you come in here and challenge me?" Elijah asked.

"You can't kill me, man. It's not part of the deal." Damon said as he struggled against Elijah's hand.

"Silence." Elijah simply said before stabbing a pinnacle into Damon's neck. 

"I'm an Original, show a little respect. The moment you cease to be of use to me, you're dead. If you ever put Nesryn in harm's way again, you're dead. So you should do what I say. Keep Elena safe, and stay away from Nesryn." Elijah turned away from Damon and wrapped his hand around mine to pill me to the door.