~Explanation-pt.2.~

~Trigger warning for this chapter. It has a description of sexual assault. If you don't feel comfortable with this chapter that is ok, you can skip it.~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want to know Nesryn?" Elijah asked as I curled up on the couch.

"Why did you say you were leaving the night we danced?" I asked looking at the ring on my finger.

"From our short time together, I've got quite attached to you. But that also means you are in danger because of me. That's why I told you I was leaving. I didn't want you to get hurt." He said looking down at the ring on his own hand.

"Ok, then who will try to hurt me?" I asked looking at him. Shaking his head at me as he stood up. Elijah walked over to the window and looked out of it.

"My brother, Niklaus." He said as he spun his ring.

"The one you were texting at the hospital?" I asked as he turned away from the window.

 "Yes, he's quite possessive of me and our siblings. He's scared we are going to leave him. So to get me to stay with him, he'll put you in danger to make sure I wouldn't do anything." He said in a sad tone and he spun the ring on his finger.

"Just because we're friends?" I asked as I pulled my knees to my chest.

"Yes Nesryn, I don't have friends. You have been my first friend, my first true friend, in hundreds of years. When I get too close to someone my brother kills them, he does that with all of our siblings." Elijah said as he turned around to pour himself a glass of whisky. 

Standing up I walked over to him and grabbed a glass too. He tried to keep me from the bottle but I just grabbed the bottle of rum that was on the lower shelf, before walking back over to the couch.

Walking over to me Elijah sat down beside me as I took a drink from my glass. Looking over at him I could see just how tired he looked. He didn't have bags under his eyes, but his hair was slightly messed up and his eyes weren't as bright as they usually are when we were together. I gave him a smile as I pulled my legs up so I could sit on my feet.

"If it makes you feel better the only friends I have are my family and Matt, and Matt is basically my brother. So in reality you're my only friend." I said giving him a sad look before taking another drink as I leaned against the back of the couch.

"You told me something very personal, so it's only fair I tell you something in return. And maybe you can help me understand why I feel so comfortable with you." I said as I turned around to look at him. He nodded his head at me but I just looked down at the glass in my hand.

"There was this guy, his name was Logan. He was a part of one of the founding families and a few years younger than my parents. It was the week after I turned sixteen there was this party I had to go to. He was there too. I got pretty drunk that night, the first time I had ever gotten drunk. I left to go get a drink to try and sober up a little bit. I was only away from my brother and Matt for maybe ten minutes." I could feel his eyes on me but I was too scared to look up at him.

"Before I grabbed a drink I went to the bathroom, when I was washing my hands Logan came in. He said I had been teasing him the whole night. But I wasn't, I only gave him a smile when he would look at me. I was just being nice. He pushed me against the sink. He said I had to wait to be with him until I was legal, I didn't really understand what was going on. He grabbed me and pushed me into the counter, but before he could do anything one of the staff walked in. I was so scared 'Lijah, I didn't know what to do. I was a mess, I was crying and my hair was all over the place she pulled me away from him and took me outside." I said as a tear fell down my cheek, looking up at Elijah I saw his jaw clenched as he looked at the wall in front of us.