~Explanation- pt.1.~

When Elijah woke up he saw Nesryn fast asleep on the stairs in front of him. Her heartbeat was slow and steady, her hands were bloody and her face was red and irritated. Pulling the makeshift stake from his chest he quietly placed it down. Slowly walking up to Nesryn he pushed her hair out of her face to see tear marks on her cheeks. Shaking his head, Elijah pick her up into his arms like how he did when she hurt her ankle and walked out to his car.

When he laid her down in the backseat he took out one of the blood bags from the ice chest he had. Quickly drinking it he sped around to the driver's side before starting the car. Looking into the review mirror he saw two large hand-shaped bruises on her shoulders, along with the one Tommy had given her. Leaning his head back he let out a silent sigh before pulling off.

Nesryn was still fast asleep when Elijah pulled up to the house he was staying at. She had been talking in her sleep but he couldn't make out what she was saying. When he laid her down on the bed she let out a little sigh before rolling over onto her stomach and shoving her face into his pillow.

A smile pulled at the corner of Elijah's lips as she got comfortable. Shaking his head at the girl, he turned around and pulled out a pair of his sweatpants and one of his casual shirts before laying them down beside her.

Elijah gave her one last look before walking out the door. He had no idea how she was going to take it, seeing him alive and breathing, when she had thought he was dead. But he was going to tell her anything she wanted to know. He owed her that much after her going through so much because of him and the doppelganger.

Until then he got a bowl of warm water and a washrag, grabbing a pair of tweezers he walked back over to Nesryn. Pulling the splinters from her hands, trying to make sure she doesn't wake up. Her eyebrows frowned when a deep splinter was pulled out. Stopping what he was doing, he brushed her hair out of her face.

~~~

When Nesryn finally woke up she was surprised to be in a bed. Sitting up she looked around the room, there was a small pile of clothes on the foot of the bed. But being too scared to touch them she just walked out of the room and down the hall. When she was in the living room she could smell bacon. The scent filled her nose and her stomach growled. When she walked into the kitchen she saw a man standing in front of the stove.

When the man turned around with the pan in his hand, her eyes locked in on his. Elijah just gave her a smile when he saw her but it quickly fell when he saw the tears in her eyes. Sitting the pan down he pulled her into his chest as she sobbed. She held him as tightly as she could. He felt her body shaking, he ran his hand down her back to help calm her down.

But it didn't work, and Elijah started to panic. Thinking back on how he and Klaus would calm Rebekah down when they were children gave him an idea. He threaded his fingers into her hair and pressed soft kisses to her head, before slowly brushing her hair with his fingers. It worked, after a few minutes of him holding the scared girl, she pulled away.

"I thought you were dead." She said softly as she looked into his eyes.

"No Nesryn, I'm not dead. Well not really." He said leading her over to the kitchen table. When she sat down he walked over to the food and put it on a plate. Sitting it down in front of her, he also placed a cup of apple juice down.

"What do you mean by not really." Nesryn asked softly as she brought the cup to her lips. Leaning forward Elijah placed his hands on the table in front of him as he spun his daylight ring.

"You must have a lot of questions about what happened yesterday. I will tell you anything you want to know, but first, you have to eat. I can only assume you ate on the day of the party. And that was two days ago." Elijah said giving her a small smile as she looked down at the food he had given her.