Hawks

Chara POV

I submitted my request, and thankfully Hawks agreed to take Sans and Carrot as well. We go to school on Monday, just to get our hero suits and say goodbyes. Hawks agency is located in Hosu city, which we never went to (well I never really went anywhere other than UA and Dadzawa's home) so we can't teleport there, and have to catch a train instead for a few hours. The train ride was boring so we all just sleep. Once we arrived, we just catch a Taxi to the agency.

The Agency was big, as expected from the No. 3 hero, but not as big as UA duh. We entered through the front door, and we can see a lot of people there. We just went to the receptionist.

Receptionist: "Hello there, welcome to Hawks agency. You must be Hawk's intern from UA right?"
Chara: "Yes, yes I am."
Receptionist: "Great, Hawks is a bit busy right now, but you could wait in his office. It's in the 5th floor, the elevator is just around the corner. After that go left, and his office is the last room."
Chara: "Thanks."

I followed her instructions, and I did came to a door, which reads 'Hawks.' I entered, and as she says, Hawks isn't here, so we just dropped our bags, and go sit in the couch. After 15 minutes, the doors opened, and Hawks came in, with uh...... a KFC Bucket?

Hawks: "Oh hey, you must be Chara. My hero name is Hawks, but when were not in the field, my name is Keigo Takami."
Chara: "Well, uhm, pleasure to meet you Keigo, but uh...."
Keigo: "Oh this?" Holding up the chickens. "It's already lunchtime. Want some? I don't mind sharing."

This guy seriously feels more like a college roommate, and I'm not even old enough to go to one.

Chara: "Uh, no thanks, we'll just go get lunches ourselves."
Keigo: "Fair enough." Munching on a leg. "Anyway, be back in an hour will ya? We'll start then."

I just nod, and we exit, and we really tried to find any place to eat, but we just ended up going to a hotdog joint. After an hour, we go back, and Keigo is just finishing his last wings.

Keigo: "Ah you're here." Put away the bucket. "Now, normally I would do patrol, but I wanted to see your skill level. Now don't get me wrong, I now you're strong from the Sports festival, but I wanted to see how you compare to a pro. You goof about that?"

I just nod, and he motioned to us to follow him. We then arrived in what looks like a gym, with an arena in the middle. He told us to go to the ring, and he goes to the other side. I can already guess what he's about to do.

Chara: "Let me guess, you want us to fight you?"
Keigo: "Yup, obviously I wanted to see your power level first. Now, 321 go!"

He do countdown so fast, that by the time we realized it, his feathers are already on us. Luckily we have game mechanics armor and it miss.

Keigo: "Impressive, but can you keep up?"

He threw more feathers, which I'm honestly surprised how fast it is. But if years of fighting players have thought me anything, is how to dodge without game mechanics. This continues for several minutes until he plucked a long feather and use it as a sword. I summoned my knife and block it. Sans tried to fire a GB but he dodged, and then Carrot go for some bones, which he also dodge. After he dodges, I try to use the openings to attack, but he blocked me in time. This continues on for 30 minutes, before we started getting tired, and have to rely on game mechanics to save our *ss.

Keigo: "Well, that's enough."

We just dropped to the ground and sit on our exhausted *ss.

Keigo: "I must say I'm impressed. You're the only one so far to keep up with my speed, anyway, I'll give you 30 minutes to rest, after that, we're gonna go on patrol."

He left, and we just drag our asses back to his office to rest, and grab some snack on the way. I'm pretty sure I heard him muttered a 'wtf?' When we come back. Well, I mean I guess it's unusual for someone to drink ketchup or honey straight from the bottle. After some, much needed nap, we finally go on patrol.

Hawks: "Ok so here's how it works. We would patrol this area, if you see any criminals, intercept, and try to arrest them. If I feel like things are going south, I will go and help. Got it?"

We nod, and go. For the most part, it was easy. I mean, there's no way these street thugs are worst than genoicide players, right? Anyway, we did get to a few fight, and for the most part, Sans just use blue bones to keep them in place, while I hold my knife against their throat. We did this for a few hours, until about 5:50 where we go grab a snack from a local convenience store, and then go to the roof of a building to enjoy the sunset. Not gonna lie, it's been awhile since I've seen sunsets, since I would've been back at Dadzawa's home by that time, and it's kinda nice. Anyway, after the short break, we continue patrol, and we end it at 8 o'clock.

Hawks: "Welp, were done. Now you can pick up your belongings and go to the living quarters. If you need anything, you could ask the receptionist, or me, as I would be in my office until midnight. God do I hate those cursed paperworks. Anyway, see ya tomorrow."

He waved us off, and we go to our rooms. We did ended up with separate rooms, which almost trigger my Autophobia, but thankfully Sans came in before anything happened, and help me set my plants to help my mind. Anyway, once were done, we immediately go investigate. We know Keigo was a child soldier for the Commission, and we already tell Nezu about our findings and are basically combining efforts to take them down. Sans brought a laptop, which he got from Sci, and started hacking the agency. We found nothing on the agency itself, and concluded he must've hid it. So we hack to his computer, and found him, in a video call with the president of the hero commission.

Keigo: "Yeah the intern was good, I must say I'm impressed with their skills, especially considering their first years."

Oh buddy, you don't even wanna know.

President: "Well that's good. And remember, do your job."

The call ends, but Sans managed to hack the camera of the computer.

Keigo: sigh "God, when can I be free?"

It's actually kinda sad hearing it, but we will help him. We immediately send the recording to Nezu, and then we go to bed.

A/N: Wow guy, thanks for 6k reads. Anyway, if you're wondering, the reason why the dialogue says Keigo most of the time instead of Hawks, is to differentiate between professional interactions in the field and personal interactions inside the agency, or when they're screwing around like when they procrastinate to watch the sunset. Anyway that's all, and have a good day