v | ah high school, the living hell.

I should've known that Warren's car is the sleek black mustang. It's just the icing on top. I'm really dreading going to school today.

Sawyer runs right up to the car, but I hold back, Warren walking in front of me. We get to the car and I'm about to move around him to open the passenger door when he stops me completely by sticking his arm out in front of me.

Startled I look up at him as he says in a low voice, "Let's not tell anyone about our predicament, Harper. I don't want anyone knowing you live at my house."

My face burns hot, "Couldn't agree more." I retort back.

He smirks at me, "After all, I think we can agree that this will only blacken your reputation, bug. Need I remind you of sophomore year?"

Grrrrrrrr...

I push his arm down forcibly, "No thank you, I think I don't need a conceited jerk telling me about my past mistakes, sweetheart. Stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours."

Feeling pretty proud of myself for that one, I yank open the door and plop down into the passenger seat. It smells like black ice and car smell, with a hint of whatever cologne Warren wears. Sawyer sticks his tongue out at me from the backseat. I do it back to him.

Warren gets in the driver seat, buckles, and presses down on the clutch to start the car. Of course, of course, Warren Preston drives a manual mustang, how could he not?

We drive in utter silence. No music, no talking, no eye contact. Just Warren switching gears, Sawyer glowering in the backseat, and me looking out the window, thinking.

Well. First and foremost, this whole ride situation can't keep happening. If we want to keep this whole situation of living together under wraps, I can't be seen getting in and out of his car at school.

And what am I going to tell Celina and Indie?

Gah, I don't know. One thing at a time, Cas.

This wouldn't be an actual problem if I had my own car. I have my license, but it's not like Dad and I can really afford to get another car.

Hmmm, maybe I could talk Charlotte into letting me drive her car? Ugh, I don't know.

I snap out of my thoughts when I realize that we are pulling through the large gates of Clearwater Academy. The grounds for the academy are huge, so huge that I still haven't explored all of it.

Unlike Warren and Sawyer, who have been going to Clearwater since kindergarten, I've only been going since sixth grade.

I guess it was nice, being twelve and transferring to a different school because I hadn't really made any lasting friendships at my elementary school. Still a big culture shock.

We pull up to the main middle school building, looping around with the rest of the fancy cars. Warren comes to a stop in front of the doors, unlocking the door for Sawyer.

"See you later, bro." Sawyer says, "Bye, dork face."

Where did that come from?? Little brat!

I turn around to give the little brat what for, but before I can retort, Warren revs the engine and drives away.

"Not worth it, bug."

"Stop. Calling. Me. That." I say through gritted teeth, cutting a glare towards him.

He glances at me through the rear view window and smirks, saying nothing.

Grrrrrrr...!

We loop around the building, going around towards the high school building. However, halfway there he pulls around into the farthest parking lot.