Ch 3

Seira's POV

After travelling for some time we came across a clearing with a treehouse. That means people, humans I'm so glad that there are people maybe they have been unpetrified like me or maybe people who might've survived the petrified.

I know it's rude but climb up and began to explore the treehouse. I notice a lab at the bottom of the tree a jump down and examine the place. Stoned swallows on one side and containers of what I'm assuming are viles on the other. How strange.

I decided that maybe I should wait here and find out who lives here. Maybe they could even tell me if they knew how the got unpetrified. After a while I heard some rustling from the bushes and I saw two people that brought me to tears it was Senku and Taiju.

It looked like they came back from gathering berries. Ah I just could help myself.

World POV

Senku and Taiju just got back from collecting berries to make the final sample of the miracle fluid. When all of a sudden they heard a rustling in the trees.

They look up to see a shadowy feminine figure jump out of the tree and dive towards them. "Senku, Taiju. She yelled tackling them, resulting in the berries spilling everywhere.

"I'm so glad you're okay! She cried. Senku and Taiju were confused, who was this person? where did she come? And how does she know they're names. After she was done crying she got up allowing Senku and Taiju to get up and get a proper look at this girls face.

Senku eyes widen when he saw that the girl was his sister. Other than working on the miracle fluid, he has been looking for you everywhere but could never find you. Yet here you are alive and not petrified. He touched you face to see if you were real and after confirming you were real he wrapped his arms around you squeezing you out of pure relief and joy to know that you were alive and okay.

After hugging each other. Seira hugged Taiju again breaking him out of his shock of seeing you again. "SEIRA!" He yelled crushing you in his arms overjoyed know that 3 out of the 4 friends were reunited.

*a while later*

"Yeah~, I'm really happy to have found you Senku, I've spent this year looking for you and hoping you were okay." Seira sighed. Her eyes were all puffy from crying.

"Me too." Senku said to his puffy little sister.
"So what have you been up to this year Senku?" Seira asked.

"I've been trying to beat fiction with science. I've been figuring how to undo the petrification and a year of trial and error. I've done it." He said. Seira is shocked but it doesn't last long because it was typical of her brother to do this, in fact how could she forget. "That's so like you Senku." She chuckled.

"Let's go Seira, the final test starts now. Let me show you something exhilarating." Smirking at his confused sister.

Later on the group surrounded a petrified swallow. Senku then pour the revival fluid of the bird. "Let me teach you, but oaf... it's not that there are things that science can't explain." *crack*. "You look for the rules behind those things. *crack*. Science is just the name of the steady, pain-in-the ass effort that goes into doing it." He said. The stone cracks completely releasing the petrified swallow out of its prison and ascends back into the air. "Wow, Senku you did it, I'm so proud of you big brother." Seira said hugging her brother. Taiju is busy screaming with joy.

After all the excitement Senku takes a seat.
"One year since I started experimenting... It didn't take as long as I thought. It's a slow but steady effort. I'm going to beat fantasy with science." Senku said looking to the skies. "This is exhilarating."