Ch 19

The gang were standing in front of the roadmap to make the cellular phone.

"We can do this! We were able to make the sulfa drugs, and they took a ton of work, too!" Chrome said.

"Uh, listen...You guys aren't aware of this, but this road map is full of implausible things." Gen said.

"Well aren't you Captain Optimism." Seira scoffed.

"Nothing implausible about it. No matter how far off the goal may seem, if you stick to the rules, you'll get there 10 billion percent of the time." Senku said.

"That is how science works." Seira said.

"We have a few no the to finish it." Senku said.

"Yeah, talk about a time crunch." Seira sighed.

"What do you mean?" Kohaku asked.

"That's how long we have before Tsukasa's full-on assault. What's your take, mentalist?" Senku asked.

"Let's see... Thinking like Tsukasa-chan..." Gen wondered and he weirdly started to turn into Tsukasa.

"We control the revival fluid. The more time that passes, the greater our advantage in manpower. Yes. But it's Senku we're up against. If we give him too much time, he'll start mass-producing gunpowder." Gen said, looking and sounding like Tsukasa.

"Your voice imitations are way too accurate." Senku said.

"Super creepy." Seira cringed.

***

"We'll take every precaution to ensure that we defeat Senku." Tsukasa said from the depths of his cave. "We're going to need to divert a lot of manpower in preparation for the winter. Also, Hyoga, according to your information, the kingdom of science is a fortress on water." He asked.

"Indeed. It's protected by a lake that all but freezes over in the winter. If they hold the fort, it will be difficult to attack. Our morale and food wouldn't outlast theirs in an encirclement." Hyoga said.

***

"First of all, aren't Taiju and Yuzuriha in danger if Tsukasa finds out you're still alive?" Chrome asked.

"Won't they be killed?" Kohaku asked.

"That won't be an issue. Those two are potential hostages to them. They won't waste that." Senku said.

"You're way too relaxed, big brother." Seira sweatdropped.

And you're a worrywort, little sister." He said.

***

"Is it safe to let Taiju-kun and Yuzuriha roam free?" Hyoga said.

"I'll have someone watch them. But let's continue interacting with them as we have so they won't suspect anything. Even if Taiju and Yuzuriha are spies, there's no way for them to convey information in this world. The greater concern is a preemptive attack from Senku." Tsukasa said and he walked out into the sun.

"I have Homura-kun keeping an eye on them. Although we don't have any means of communication, so there's a delay in getting information." Hyoga said.

"Alright, so the rules of the game are simple. We're going to make cell phones in order to take Tsukasa down with a preemptive strike." Senku said.

***

"So the battle will start when the snow melts." Tsukasa said.

***

"Our deadline is spring." Senku said.