1- "Shear Heart Attack"

🎶California Soul - Marlena Shaw🎶

June 20, 1974

The pointe of a toe stretching up your calf, hamstring, up your spine and to the tip of your finger that points to the ceiling as you face your own reflection, right as the last note of Odile and Black Swan from the Swan Lake is heard through the ...

The pointe of a toe stretching up your calf, hamstring, up your spine and to the tip of your finger that points to the ceiling as you face your own reflection, right as the last note of Odile and Black Swan from the Swan Lake is heard through the speakers.

The peak of your cheekbones peeks up as a satisfied smile appears on your cherry red lips, your posture relaxes in your natural resting position as you slide the pencil out of your tight bun to release the pressure on your scalp. You're adorable. With your lips glossed over by the gum you've been chewing on for about thirty minutes now, the baby pink and blue colors alternating on each of your nails that reflect the light as you stretch your fingers.

You swiftly walk towards the old record player, your pointe shoes still weighing on your feet and crushing your toes as you remove the vinyl and place it back where it doesn't belong, on top of the piano before flopping down on your bottom to remove the tight dancing shoes. Your lips closing as you hum the melody of a song you've had stuck in your head for about two days now. And you're on your feet again, the shoes dangling off your hand as you hold them by the ribbons and walk out of the studio. Your bare feet feeling the coldness of the hardwood floor, then of the cement in the hallway, and finally the metal staircase that leads all the way up to your apartment.

You feel so at ease here, walking confidently in the building you bought for yourself. Knowing that on one of your sleepless nights you're able to come down here, trust your body and dance the images away.

...

A shirt that says "eat the rich", high waisted flared denim paired with your usual platform heels, obviously complimented with your cutest pair of socks. You like to pair your heels with colorful socks, sparkles, sequins or sewed on patterns. To prevent blisters, but mostly because it's cute as hell. You love a cute pair of socks, and we'd rarely ever catch you without a chunky pair of platform heels, you enjoy being taller than your natural eight, probably because you're insecure about it, but you would never admit this to yourself. 

You confidently walk out and lock the doors behind you, your nose peering up towards the morning blue sky as you take in the entirety of the small venue that seems gigantic in your eyes, your pride and joy. You slide on your sunglasses, purse in hand, your high heels clicking against the pavement as you walk the usual way towards the place you have had to visit every morning before work.

You like to walk to most places, looking at your feet or at the sky, the stores, or the cars. Sometimes you ride your bike when you have to go somewhere that is too far away to walk to or if you're feeling lazy. This morning you decided on walking, to break in your new platforms and to enjoy the morning sun kissing your skin. That's one of the reasons you've never been able to leave California, you enjoy the heat of the summer and the winter sun way too much.