8

Natalie's POV

I slipped on a pair of denim shorts, a burgundy singlet, a tribal kimono and a pair of worn out reddish doc martens. I put some crystal rings, earrings and bracelets on and a necklace. I left my ragged out hair and let it shrivel down my back. I picked up my phone and purse. I shoved it inside my brown leather satchel and sat my sunnies on top of my head.

I walked down stairs and told Mum I was going out. She said it was fine.

Then I heard a car pull up in the driveway, I walked outside and Dylan was sitting in the car with a huge smile on his face. I smiled back and walked to his car. I opened the door of his massive silver 4WD and slid into the passenger seat.

"Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded. "Ok, let's go." He chuckled and he reversed out of my driveway.

_

We talked the whole way to the video shop.

_

I got out of the car and he did the same. We stepped into the entrance of the store and i staggered my way over to the romantic movie section. I picked up the notebook and the time travellers wife. I picked up karate kid and paranormal activity 4 for Tom.

"What are you getting?" Dylan asked and walked towards me with a couple of DVDs as well.

"Umm just a couple of DVDs, like the notebook, paranormal activity and some others." I said.

"Ah yeah," he smiled "I'm getting Friday the 13th and transformers because Meagan Fox is hot." He chuckled.

"Jeeze, she's not that hot." I shook my head and playfully pushed Dylan, "Hey could we go and ask Tom if he wants to come over to mine and watch some movies with us?" I asked.

"Sure, as long as I get popcorn." Dylan teased and I nodded my head.

"Ok, cool sounds like a plan. Let's pay for these and go." I said.

"Ok." He agreed and we bought our movies.

_

On our way to Thomas's house Dylan and I played eye spy because we didn't have anything better to do.

I got out of the car and walked up the front porch stairs to his house, while Dyl stayed in the car. The front door was wide open which was unusual.

I knocked on the door.

No response.

"Tom." I called.

No response.

I walked into his house cautiously and looked around.

I walked into the living room and peeped my head around the corner.

My eyes met the things that made my heart sink.
I felt betrayed and horrified to what was occurring.
My legs go to jelly.
My arms sent shock waves throughout my body.
I couldn't feel. Numbness and pain over took me.
I pretended that this was all a dream and I would wake up.
I pinched myself but nothing happened.

I pulled myself together and stumbled into the living room.

They didn't even notice me.

I picked up a stranded book that sat in the middle of the coffee table. I threw it at them.

They instantly ripped their faces from each other.

"Natal-" Thomas started.

"NO! WHY?!" My body finally let my speak. "WHY!" Anger and pain rushed through my body. "Why Thomas? Why." My voice became softer and only then did it turn into light sickening sobs. I caught my breath trying to remain calm. But I couldn't. Tears ran down my face, causing my mascara to leek and leave long black trails down my cheeks. My throat tightened and a lump started to form. I tried to chock it down but it only made it worse.

"I- it's not what's it looks like!" He said abruptly and defensively. He got up from the couch and pulled Hannah off of him. Hannah smiled evilly at me.

"REALLY! WELL IT SURE DID LOOK THAT WAY!" I yelled and ran out of the house.

"Natalie!" Thomas yelled after me and chased me.

"No Thomas! No! We're done!" I yelled and got into Dylan's car.

"Natalie please, just listen to me! Please!" Thomas yelled and banged on the door. I could see the tears that rolled down his cheeks. I locked the door and told Dylan to go. He sat their speechless, until he finally sped off. Tears and more tears drowned me.

I felt like I had an arrow shot straight through my heart. I felt like I had cuts all over my body and blood was pouring out.

The tears trickled down my face like my eyes were sprinklers. The salty black tears stained my cheeks.

"What happened?" Dylan asked breaking the silence.

"T-Thomas w-was kissing another g-girl. H-Ha-Hannah." I cried harder and put my head in my hands.

"Oh Nat, I am so sorry, but I know tom. He wouldn't do that to you, he loves you too much." He rubbed my shoulder.

"Well why did he do it?" I sniffled, suddenly my voice becoming stronger and my face going tight.

"I- I don't know. I just think you should hear him out." Dylan shrugged.

"But I don't want to." I shook my head and put my head on the window, "Can you please take me home." I wiped a tear from the corner of my eye.

"Sure." Dyl replied sweetly.

He placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed it. I placed my hand on top of his and intertwined our fingers together.

I looked out the window and the tears that once rolled down my cheeks has now been dried up. I shook it all off. The pain dug into my body. My throat began to get tighter which cause me to take big gulps of air. I choked on the air as I tried to breath and take breaths.

"Natalie, Natalie! Breath, just breath! Calm down! Here squeeze my hand." Dylan said reassuringly.

Soon I was crying again.

I was suffocating in my tears.

"Why? Why would he do that?!" I mumbled, getting drowned in salty water that ran from my eyes.

"I- I don't know." Dylan put his head on the steering wheel for a moment before he continued driving.

I looked out the window and pressed my cheek against the cold glass.

_

We arrived at my house and I didn't move. I looked out the window. Dylan lightly rubbed my shoulder before kissing my cheek.

"Natalieireallyreallyreallylikeyouasinmorethanafriend." Dylan said quickly and quietly.

"What?" I managed to get a single word out.

"Natalie, I really really really like you. As more them a friend." He sighed and held his head in his hands.

"Dylan. Please. Your all I've got left and I love how we are just friends and I really want to keep it that way." I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"Ok, I totally understand. Do you want me to come in with you?" He asked.

"No, it's fine. I will be alright," I pulled off my best smile "thank you Dyl for everything." I kissed his cheek and got out of his car.

I stumbled towards the front door, it was hard to see because of my teary blurry eyes. I opened the door and quietly made my way in. I slowly walked to my room and shut the door behind me. I threw my bag and videos down onto my bed and collapsed on the carpet.

I know I'm being childish over this because lots of people across the world gets cheated on. But it's just I've never felt this way before. Like I've felt this way, but not really. It's hard to explain. It's like my whole body doesn't want to move and it just wants to stay still. I feel like my insides are all jumbled and stretched over each other, like their not in the right place.

I feel as if I'm broken, once again.

Broken.

And the thing that is annoying me the most is that Thomas said he will fix me. He promised.