13

Thomas's POV

It's been 3 months since it happened. We don't talk about it, Natalie is still upset about Hannah. Even tho she kidnapped Nat and her friends; those men try and kill me we forgave her. We went to her funeral. Things are back to normal. Mine and Nat's love for each other has increased, and soon in another year or so we will be graduating from school, I applied for a few acting jobs here and there. Natalie has applied for an artists apprentice job.

Natalie's POV

I still can't get my head around it. About that night, with Hannah. It's a fading memory.

Thomas's POV

I woke up and walked to the mail box, as usual to see if any one has sent me a letter about my acting jobs. The hinges squeaked on the mailbox as I pulled out a handful of letters. Bill, coupon, postcard, bill, junk mail, junk mail, bil- wait Mr Thomas Sangster.

I quickly slid my finger inside the letter and ripped it open, it read;

Thomas,

We are here graduating you that you have got the job, for the maze runner. You were the one we we're looking for. We will ring you for further notice.

Kind regards,
Was Ball.

I dropped the letter. My heart rate beating faster and faster. I picked up the letters.

"MUMMMMMMMMMMM! DADDDDDDDDD!" I yelled running inside waving them in the air.

I bolted inside,"MUM! DAD! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE PART FOR THE MAZE RUNNER! FOR NEWT!" I screamed.

"SON! REALLY?! I'M SO PROUD!" My dad yelled and pulled me into a hug.

"Honey, that's amazing news!" My mum joined our hug.

Natalie's POV

I sat on the floor with Wendy playing chest, I've always loved a good game of chest, until someone came running through the door screaming "I got the part! I'm gonna be Newt!". I looked around at an overly excited Thomas running around the house with a letter in his hand.

I shot up and ran to him.

"NATALIE I GOT THE PART! I GOT THE JOB!" He cried.

I pulled him into a hug,"I'm so happy for you tom!" I smiled into his shoulder.

"But.." He pulled away from me to look me in my eyes,"I have to leave.. I have to go to Louisiana and I will miss out on school, graduating, prom and I will miss out on many things." He sighed.

"Hey, it's fine Thomas," but it really wasn't fine,"as long as your happy that's all that really matters, when do you leave?" I asked infatuated.

"I leave in a month," he said taking a deep breath.

"Oh,"

"But we can do loads of things before I go." He tried to cheer me up.

"Yeah, yeah, no that's.. fine. Awesome, I'm really proud of you."

"Ok, cool, umm well I'll talk to you tonight, I've still got to pack and stuff." He smiled and kissed my lips before walking back to his house.

I smiled at Wendy and walked to my room, I already felt the tears coming. I lie on my bed tears saturating my pillows.

"Baby, you wanna talk about it?" Wendy came in sitting beside me.

"No thanks Wendy." I replied back.

"Are you sure? My momma always told me that it's better to let out my emotions and talk about it then to keep it all bottled up inside ya." She rubbed my back soothingly.