FIVE.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

EREN'S EYES WIDENED as he saw irene's figure falling from the wall, he could see the flash of fear in her scarlet eyes as she grew dangerously close to the ground.

"irene!"

connie triggered his fire anchor that launched his hooks into the wall and jumped, catching irene with an arm under her neck and the other right under her knee.

"oi irene!" he shouted, his gray eyes worriedly staring at irene who was still in her frozen state. her body was stiff, scarlet eyes gawking at the sky.

"the gate...is broken." all heads quickly turned to the gate of the trost district. 

there was an unsettling silence that filled the air, the sounds of hundreds of thumping footsteps that could be heard from miles away grew alarmingly closer. being the first one to move, eren hauled himself to where connie stood, irene still in his arms. 

"irene...oi!" shouted the brown-haired male,  moving his face closer to irene he grabbed the girl's shoulder and shaking it vigorously, "this is not time to space out! titans are soon going to fill the district. get a hold of yourself!"

irene blinked herself back into reality, reconnecting her nerves through her whole body. feeling her body move, connie let go of his hold on irene as she stood herself onto the wall, levering her hook onto the wall. she wiped the spit's that came out from eren's mouth that landed on her face with the back of her hands. 

seeing that irene had control of her body, eren drew out his two swords, turning his attention to the colossal titan, "ready the artillery! prepare for battle. the target's right in front of us and it's the colossal titan."

the male expertly swung himself into the air with speed, a determined facial expression tightly set on his face as he flew onto the wall with a twirl before landing on his feet.

irene could only see the vast amounts of smokes on the wall that hid eren's figure away from her sight. her eyes widened as she saw the large muscular hand sweep the cannons she was once cleaning off the walls with, making it crumble down onto the ground with smoke. there was an abnormally large amount of smoke that emitted from the neck of the titan that seemed like it could cover the entire sky. the female coughed into the humid air, waving her hands in her face to clear out the smoke in her vision and her eyes widened once more, noticing that the large titan had disappeared. out of the corner of her eyes, she could see the soldiers running up on the wall and followed suit.

"sorry, i let him get away." eren gritted his teeth, clenching the grips of his swords.

"why are you apologizing? the rest of us couldn't even move-"