SIX.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

IRENE FELT a steady hand grip onto one of her ankles. she turned her head around, surprised to see eren at the mouth of the titan.  

"hold armin tight!" enunciated eren. irene nodded at the brunette in understanding, eyes falling onto armin. he looked utterly terrified as his blue eyes wavered as he glanced at irene, then to eren. with every ounce of strength he had, eren pulled the leg of the female, the other hand holding onto the teeth of the titan, disabling him to close it. irene felt the air hit against her wet back as eren threw her onto the roof, her shoulders colliding with the tiles as armin fell on top of her. 

"eren!" shrieked armin, pushing himself off the girl, noticing that eren was still in the mouth of the titan, his hand desperately holding onto the teeth of the titan, prying its jaw open.

"i can't die here," eren grumbled, his teal eyes landing on the two, "armin, you told me about the outside world and irene...your father, he's in the outside world isn't he? you wanted to see him don't you? i'm going to- no...i have to go out there!" eren's free hand outstretched towards the two figures. irene's mind flickered at the thought that eren had somehow known about her father's wishes for a few seconds before she shook the thought off.

"eren hurry!" called armin, vision blurring with tears as he outstretched his arm towards eren desperately. the female was too late to do anything when the jaw of the titan snapped shut, eren's figure disappearing. what was left of him was his arm that landed in between the two. the sound of a gulp was followed by an agonized scream from armin. irene fell onto her knees in shock as she stared at her two hands. black spots swirled in her vision before her head collided with the roof. 

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

with a loud gasp, the ravened hair female shot her body up. her chest rose up and down as she breathed in the air, clearing her lungs. marco, who was knelt down beside the once lying girl jolted in shock. she felt like she had just woken up from a nightmare. the first thing irene's eyes landed on was the blonde female who was sat on the other side of her. a wave of relief washed over irene. 

there were garrison soldiers, along with the newly graduated soldiers spread out on the rooftops, some sitting and some were standing. there was a fog of despair. not too far in front of her was armin. his once sparkling blue eyes were dark. it made irene remember the experience that she had just gone through. she clamped a hand over her mouth.