Chapter 5

Leia Organa-Skywalker sat in the car next to her stepbrother, Luke Skywalker. They pulled up in front of a cozy pale blue house where her cousin Anakin lived. Her dark hair was styled back in her normal buns on the side of her head, and she fiddled with her necklace nervously. It was given to her by her mother before her mother died. It was a simple silver design that hung on a black cord around her neck.

Leia wore denim shorts that were grey, a dark maroon short-sleeve shirt and a large dark jacket. She was moving to Coruscant from the city of Alderaan where she lived, along with her stepbrother and her boyfriend, Han Solo. Han was.... different. More rough around the edges and not the person her father wanted her dating, but Leia didn't really care. As an only child by birth, she was very used to being protected and she didn't want any more of it. Hopefully, the trip to her cousin's house would be a step towards independence in her future. 

"C'mon, Leia," Luke said as they parked and Luke opened the door. Luke was dressed in tan and white clothing, with a long-sleeved white top and comfortable tan pants. He picked up his backpack and slung it over his shoulder as Leia reluctantly followed. Maybe she wanted independence, but she didn't know her cousins and was usually nervous around new people. 

She picked up her duffel bag and told her father goodbye as Bail Organa drove away. Bail was a kind middle-aged man with dark hair and a particular preference to wearing blue and silver, but sometimes went with green. Leia's late birth mother, Breha Organa that she barely remembered had been a kind woman with dark hair that Leia had inherited and was always ready to debate with someone, from what her father had told her. Breha had been a senator, but she had died of cancer just two years after Leia was born.

The lawn of the home was well-tended to, patches of flowers lining the stone path up to the house. A tree was in the corner of the lawn, with low branches well for climbing and a swing that hung a few feet off the ground. A porch had a few chairs on it that had several pillows and a small table for food or drinks. 

"It's nice," Leia commented in a soft voice as they walked up the path towards the home. "I wouldn't mind spending a while here."

Luke smiled smugly and knocked on the white door. Immediately a tired-looking but still bright woman with loosely braided black hair and a grey top and worn jeans answered. "Luke, Leia, come inside," the woman said. Shmi Skywalker, Leia assumed. 

"Good to see you, Aunt Shmi," Luke said as he walked inside. He nodded to Leia encouragingly and introduced her. "My stepsister, Leia."

Shmi smiled warmly at Leia and called out, "Ani, Ahsoka, they're here!"

Immediately, a boy a year older than Luke with tousled brown hair walked downstairs who was followed by two dogs, one with grey fur and blue eyes and another with gold fur and brown eyes. He had on a baggy sweatshirt and sweatpants and was barefoot. 

"Hey, Luke!" the boy said. He was very bright and tall. He had blue eyes that sparkled mischievously and had the same look that Luke sometimes had when they were doing something that was sure to get them in trouble.

"Leia, this is my cousin, Anakin Skywalker," Luke introduced the boy. "Anakin, my stepsister."

That much I assumed. Leia thought, with a huff and a roll of her brown eyes. She placed her hands on her hips, waiting for this "Ahsoka" girl to come downstairs.

"Snips!" called Anakin loudly. Or was this his normal tone? Leia wondered. She hoped not. But Luke could be very loud when he wanted to, so it was no wonder that they were related.

"Shush, Skyguy," said an annoyed female voice. "I'm on the phone!"

A girl dressed in a long-sleeved blue top, black leggings and boots was walking down the stairs. A green, and white songbird perched on her shoulder as the girl talked on her phone. Her hair was french-braided in pigtails and dyed blue and white in stripes. She had odd white birthmarks on her cheeks.

"Yeah, Anakin was yelling," the girl was saying to whoever was on the other side of the call. "My cousins are here. Yeah, I'm free later today. Around two work for you? Sounds great!" The girl giggled, smiling widely. "Tell your brothers I say hi. Bye."

"Who was that?" Anakin asked, his eyes narrowing suspiciously. The girl rolled her eyes in the exact same way Leia did. She would never admit this to Luke, but Leia smiled a bit. 

"Rex," the girl said, blushing as she put away her phone. Why was she even blushing? "Ahsoka Tano."

"Leia," Leia replied as the girl nodded kindly. "My stepbrother, Luke."

"Luke, Leia, you should get settled in. Leia will share with Ahsoka and Luke with Anakin," Shmi said in a diplomatic voice, trying to prevent any arguments before they happened. She reminded Leia of the few memories of Breha that she saw in her dreams. 

Ahsoka nodded and gestured for Leia to follow her. Leia did, and looked around at the white walls and furniture. A television was in the open living room, along with a grey couch and an armchair. Pictures of Shmi and Anakin as a young boy hung on the walls, as well as school pictures of Anakin. There were pictures of Ahsoka several years younger than she was, but none of her as a baby. 

When they reached Ahsoka's room, Leia got a feeling of "home". A bed was in the corner with grey and blue blankets and several pillows. The bed was wood and low to the ground. A wooden bedside table had a white lamp and a stack of books on it, as well as a large notebook. A bird cage was next to a desk with a laptop and school supplies. A carpet was in another corner that had a pale blue beanbag, several blankets, and a few throw pillows.

Ahsoka gently let her bird fly into the cage and Leia read the small sign on it that read "Morai" in neat handwriting. Ahsoka sat down and tended to the plant on her desk, before adjusting one of the pictures that hung above her desk and flopping down on her bed. 

Leia looked at it. It was a much younger Ahsoka, still with dyed hair, dressed in a white cloak and carrying a staff. She was with five other people, three boys and two girls. The first girl was tall with dyed green pigtails wearing a jumpsuit and goggles. The second girl was wearing colorful armor with short white violet-tipped hair. The first boy had long brown hair tied back in a ponytail dressed in green with shoulder armor. The second boy was shorter with blue hair and in orange clothes. The final kid was dressed as some large purple creature that was wearing green clothing with an odd animal on it. 

"Who are they?" asked Leia nervously. Ahsoka looked up at her and walked back over to the desk.

"My old friends before I moved a few years ago. The two girls are Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla. The boys are Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, and Zeb Orrelious," Ahsoka replied sadly. "Halloween."

Leia smiled. "Who do you hang out with now?" she said.

"Here, come see," Ahsoka said kindly, gesturing for her to come over. Pictures of Ahsoka with a group of boys, and several girls. "The boys are the Fett brothers- Rex, Cody, Echo, Fives, and Hardcase. The girls are some of my friends called the Nite Owls- Bo-Katan, Ursa, Koska, and Fennec."

Bo-Katan had short red hair and freckles, Ursa had black hair tied back in a bun, Koska had black hair in an array of braids, as did Fennec. However, Fennec had a pale complexation, but Koska had more tan skin.

"They seem nice," Leia commented as Ahsoka's phone dinged. Someone was texting Ahsoka as Leia looked over her shoulder.

Rex: Hello there, Ahsoka

Ahsoka: Stealing Obi-Wan's lines, are we now?

Rex: dshfksdjfhbdsf

Ahsoka: ??????

Rex: REXSOKA! REXSOKA! REXSOKA!

Ahsoka: GIVE THE PHONE BACK RIGHT NOW FIVES!!!!

Leia let out a small cackle and Ahsoka exchanged a grin with her. "As you can see, Fives is definitely convinced that me and Rex are together," Ahsoka said. 

"And are you? I mean, it's okay if you don't want to tell," Leia said hurriedly. She didn't want to give her the wrong impression.

"Yes, we are dating- only the Nite Owls and Cody Fett know. Anakin, Fives, and Hardcase all think we're together, but have no definite proof."

Leia grinned mischievously and said, "Then let's keep it that way."