Chapter 6

Luke was getting settled in with Anakin. Anakin's room was a mess. There was a clustered desk in the corner and beside it a large bunk bed with hastily made sheets. A messy pile of school supplies and books was by his desk. Two dog beds were the cleanest things in the room, especially with the perfectly tended to food and water bowls that had THREEPIO and ARTOO in printed writing. Almost everything else was covered with trash, dirty clothes, and some little mechanical things Anakin had spent months working on. 

"Sorry, I didn't have time to clean up," Anakin said as he winced at his messy room, as if he was seeing it for the first time. Luke shrugged and dropped his bag on the ground. He heard laughing from Ahsoka's room. "Shh, let's go see."

Ahsoka and Leia were both sitting on the rug by Ahsoka's bookcase, looking at Ahsoka's phone. "I'll add you to the chat," Ahsoka was saying as she typed a number in quickly. Leia was nodding and then buried herself in a beanbag, tossing a little toy kangaroo in the air. 

The two girls started laughing as their phones binged with notifications and Anakin fake pouted. "Hey, why aren't I in the chat?" he asked as he and Luke walked over. Ahsoka quickly shielded her phone from the view of her older brother. 

Luke peered over Leia's shoulder as they texted several other people. His stepsister moved the phone out of view and glared at him as Ahsoka and Anakin chatted. "Because Skyguy, it's a chat with me and the girls, along with Rex and now Leia," Ahsoka said, as if it were obvious.

"Why is Rex involved in everything you do?" muttered Anakin so only Luke could hear. He walked out of the room and back into his room, pacing back and forth. 

"Maybe they're dating," Luke said as he followed him back into the messy room as Artoo hurried inside to curl up on the bed and flick his tail like a cat's back and forth as Threepio came inside as well. 

"That's what I said," Anakin replied, putting his hands on his head in frustration. "But Padmé doesn't believe me, and neither does Satine or Obi-Wan, for that matter. He continued with that rant for a while, with Luke chiming in with his suggestions/opinions when they heard a loud car horn. Anakin rushed to the window and looked down at a dark blue car pulled up to the lawn. 

He heard rushed footsteps as Ahsoka dashed down the stairs yelling something along the lines of, "MOM WHERE ARE MY SHOES????". Anakin and Luke followed her downstairs as Ahsoka was pulling on her shoes and grabbing a small bag and slinging it over her shoulder hurriedly. 

Rex was standing in the living room as well, tapping his foot as Ahsoka stood up and was heading out the door. "Where are you going?" Luke asked, crossing his arms over his chest. Anakin mimicked his little cousin's expression and glowered at Ahsoka. 

"There's a fair just out of town," Rex explained as he ran a hand through his short blonde hair. "Me and Ahsoka thought it'd be a nice place to spend the afternoon. We were hoping Cody could come, but he wasn't able to make it."

Actually, his exact words were "I don't want to see you and my brother doing your weird little things you call 'flirting' and then kiss him while I have to watch. Thank you and goodbye." Ahsoka thought as she smiled at the memory. "So we are going and no spying on me, Anakin Skywalker," Ahsoka said snippily as she put her hands on her hips.

"I would never even dream of spying on my sweet and not-at-all-evil little sister," Anakin shot back sarcastically. 

"Thank you my amazing-and-not-at-all-a-stupid-pain older brother," Ahsoka said in mock-sweetness as she tilted her head with a fake smile. Rex laughed lightly and gestured to the door. Ahsoka nodded and stood up, quickly checking she had her phone, wallet, and everything else she needed for the outing. She waved good-bye to her mom, brother, and cousins, before walking out the door. 

Ahsoka got in the blue car as Rex followed her. Plo Koon was driving. The Fett's adoptive father had tan skin and brown hair, with the hint of a beard around his chin. He had dark, but very kind and warm eyes and always had a smile on his face. Plo was perhaps the nicest person in Coruscant Heights, with an open door and meal to anyone who needed it. He often took part in community services and most people always had something nice to say about him. 

As usual, Plo smiled at Ahsoka. "Well hello Ahsoka," he said in a mock-gentleman voice that made her smile. Rex just shook his head at his father's little routine and squeezed his girlfriend's hand as they pulled away from the Skywalker's house. 

The fair was around a forty-five minute drive and they rode in silence, watching the houses melt into blurs smeared with streaks of green and purple as the flowers bloomed, soaking up the shining sunlight. They drove past the town sign that was worn and battered, the paint fading and the name of the town barely visible, but still there. 

Plo dropped them off at an empty field where the fair was. It was the usual carnival- the stands filled with funnel cake and hot-dogs, a ferris wheel in the background, and a red and yellow tent nearby. Ahsoka grinned and slipped into the commotion, dragging Rex behind her as he struggled to keep up. 

They finally stopped at one of the games that are always rigged so you never win. This particular one was shooting a water gun at a moving target. A bored-looking teen was running the stand, looking at the cash he had gotten that day from other little kids. It was quite a lot. There were huge plush toys dangling from the top of the dark blue tent including a very cute black and red dragon with big sparkling green eyes. Its tail and wings had red glitter and white sparkles shimmered on the black body of the dragon. 

"You want the toy?" Rex asked, following her gaze. Ahsoka nodded and looked like an excited little puppy as he chuckled, kissed her forehead, and walked up to the teenager. 

"Ten dollars," the teenage said in a monotone voice. Rex sighed and placed the cash on the stand. The teen grinned and placed it with the other stack of five and ten dollar bills he had received. "Starting in three, two, one."

Rex grabbed the toy water gun and narrowed his eyes, firing at every single target that popped up and doing it for the thirty seconds that the game went on. The teen's mouth was open in shock as he reluctantly handed the dragon down to Rex who immediately passed it to Ahsoka. She grinned and pecked him lightly on the lips as she squeezed it tightly. 

"Thank you!" she chirped happily as they began walked back into the crowds of people who had come. 

They spent the rest of the day at the fair, filling up with candy and sugar and stuff they seriously shouldn't be eating, but it was a Saturday and they felt like it. As the sun set, they arrived at the ferris wheel and got in. It was spectacular. 

The sky was putting on a performance with streaks of orange from light peach to dark orange. There were spots of pale pink and violet as the sun set and the dark blue overtook the sky. Smears of pinkish-white clouds only slightly shielded the magnificence of the spectacle as the couple's little cart paused at the top. 

"It's beautiful," Ahsoka sighed as she rested her head on Rex's shoulder and yawned. He smiled down at his girlfriend and kissed her blue and white hair lightly, draping an arm around her. She grinned up at him and settled in next to him. She leaned in just as her phone buzzed in her pocket, ruining in the moment. 

"Ugh, it's Anakin," she said, rolling her eyes as she pulled it out and read the text. 

Ahsoka: 

What is it anakin and why can't it wait

Anakin: 

Mom wants to know when youre gonna be back

Ahsoka: 

tell her im leaving the fair in like ten minutes so ill be back in an hour

Anakin: 

K. Also, hows your date?

Ahsoka: 

GOODBYE.

A/N: Okay, so I know I said I'd update regularly, but I didn't have a lot of time this week and I probably won't next week either, so please bear with me as I try to update and prepare for slower updates. 

-EmeraldMoon