Chapter 3: Peachy Keen

As you sat at the bar eating your food between shifts, you were really starting to regret picking up the second shift. You lost any prior motivation to do anything after sitting around for 2 hours.

You groaned and took a sip of your water. The bartender looked at you with a sympathetic smile. "Regretting doing a split?" He asked as he cut up some lemons and limes for the evening bartender.

"It wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't training today. Especially because I didn't do anything this morning. I'm not in the zone at all." He gave you a sympathetic smile and grabbed your dirty plate out of the way.

"You can't complain too much though. The new guy is cute." You gave him an unimpressed look and shrugged.

"I guess. I don't know man, I get weird vibes from him. He gets under my skin." The bartender nodded understandingly. He had been in the industry long enough as well to be able to pick up on the type of guy Jimin was as well.

"Well, don't worry. As soon as he meets some of the servers that are, shall we say desperate? He'll stop bothering you no problem." You laughed.

"Yeah, that's true." You were relieved that you wouldn't be the object of Jimin's attempts for much longer. You glanced at the time on your phone and groaned when you realized that you would have to get back to work.

"Buck up sunshine," the bartender said in a way to cheer you up. "Saturday's are always good money day."

You got out of your chair and grabbed your bag. "Yeah, I guess so." You responded. You knew you would make good money but you were suddenly overcome with a sudden need to sleep and not be working.

You grabbed your apron from the back and put your bag in a locker in the back and got ready for your second shift of the day.

By the time you were cut (essentially meaning that you weren't going to be taking any more tables) all you could think about getting home, having a bath and drinking wine.

Your feet were killing you (stupid heels), you had a massive headache and you smelt like beer (someone had knocked over the tray in your hand when reaching for their drink, spilling the drinks all over you). On the positive side, you made close to $200 so it could've been worse.

You did the receipt reconciliation as quickly as you could but you just needed to get home and relax as best as you can.

As you barged through the door to your apartment when you finally got home, you groaned in absolute relief. The first thing you did was kick off those god forsaken shoes and went to the kitchen and poured yourself a (rather generous) glass of wine.

You got your bath ready and stripped down and as soon as your body hit the water, you were so relaxed. You took a sip of wine and as you soaked in the tub, you started thinking about this past week and how stressful it was. You had finished 3 large projects that were due for school, and you worked 4 shifts -  needless to say, you were absolutely drained. You had one more shift tomorrow morning for brunch (and you had to deal with the church crowd, yippee) and then you were free. You had only one lecture on Monday at 11 for 2 hours and you weren't working so you were ready to have an afternoon and evening to yourself because those don't come along too often.

About 10 minutes into your soak, you groaned loudly because you realized "Oh shit, I have a paper due for my lecture on Monday."

You wanted to hit yourself - you pride yourself on being super organized (usually) but this report fell through the cracks and you were so mad at yourself for neglecting this. It's not like it was a difficult paper to do, but you should've done it when you got home from work yesterday so you could actually enjoy your evening and relax.

You begrudgingly got out of the bath and threw on some comfy clothes and sat down on the couch and got your laptop out and started typing away.

You heard a loud ringing beside your head. You blinked a few times, mind feeling a bit hazy and you were confused about a lot of stuff. You weren't in your bed, so where the heck were you?

The ringing kept going and you looked beside you and saw your phone was blaring your 8am alarm. You groaned loudly when you realized that you had slept on the couch last night while working on your paper, which explained the stiff neck you were now stuck with.

You stretched your back and smiled as the bones and joints popped and cracked and you started rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. You had your shift at 11, and you were training....again. You don't know how you could tolerate working with Jimin today - after all you got notoriously bitchy when you were tired and today, you were absolutely wiped.

You decided coffee might make you a bit more human, so you brewed yourself some while you got ready for the shift today. You did feel a bit under the weather (maybe from sleeping on the couch, maybe from the wine last night - you didn't really know) so you popped two daytime cold medications and hoped that it would help.

Betsy (your car that you hated) was a bit of a bitch that morning, and you really struggled to get her to start but after 3 or 4 tries, she finally kicked it, and you drove to the restaurant.

You arrived later than you normally would (you were still about 5 minutes early) and Jimin was waiting for you in the back.

"Morning Y/n - woah, you look awful. Are you feeling okay?" You would've rolled your eyes, but you didn't have the energy to. Leave it to Jimin to point out that you look about as awful as you feel. Fabulous.

"Yeah, peachy keen." Was the only response you could muster. The cold medication was helping you feel better little by little, but you were still feeling very stuffy and you knew your nose was red. It was probably a good thing Jimin would be serving pretty much all on his own today - you didn't want to infect anyone else with whatever this was. "Come on, let's go."

Jimin was working the section alone and you were floating around and assisting other staff in different positions. You still made sure to make yourself available for Jimin though when and if he needed it.

Sunday brunch was especially busy for bartenders - Tequila Mockingbird offered freshly squeezed orange juice and grapefruit juice and mimosas were always made with fresh juice. You watched the drink tickets slowly pile up before you hopped behind the bar to help ease the bartenders struggle.

"You're a god send." The bartender said to you when you started pouring some beers from the tap.

"It's no problem. I'm glad I finally feel like I'm doing something." You sold the ticket (finished the ticket and lined it up so the servers knew to take it to the table) and started on the next one. Because mimosas were the daily special on Sundays, the bartender was taking control of making the juice while you made all the other drinks to help him catch up.

One of the servers came over to the bar well and leaned against it when you were making her drink ticket. She glanced over your shoulder and sighed.

"Y/n, you are so lucky!" She whispered to you. You arched your eyebrow in a subtle way to ask her 'what the heck are you talking about?' She seemed to pick up on your uncertainty and looked excited. "Jimin is so hot!"

Ah, figures she would be talking about Jimin. You were actually surprised how long it took for servers to notice him, because new male servers (specifically) seemed to be a breath of fresh air. And Jimin was rather attractive (his one positive attribute) so you doubted he'd be hard-done-by your rejections of stand-offish behaviour.

"Yeah, I guess?" You responded. She was a bit younger than you and this was her first serving job so it was only expected that she would be a little naive when it came to this stuff, and not a complete cynic like yourself.

Speaking of the devil. Jimin punched in some drinks orders and he came to stand beside the server who was admiring him. He put on his most charming smile and introduced himself. She giggled and introduced herself back. You and the bartender shared a look, both thinking the same thing: "this is only the start."

A Little Bit Yours • Park Jiminजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें