Chapter 5: Game On

After that comment from Jimin, you decided to completely remove yourself from any situation that involved him. Perhaps you were being a bit salty, but you weren't getting paid to deal with that kind of bullshit from any of your coworkers (or anyone, but especially not from people that you work with). This led you to walk away from actual conversations with people as soon as Jimin tried joining in - sure, it could be awkward but you knew you were pissing him off and that was the best reward you could get.

Although, for some reason, being placed in a section beside Jimin seemed to improve the work ethic of both you and him because you two were constantly competing (can serving even be considered competitive?) with each other for who can do the job better.

You were working on a Friday night and you didn't know if it was the fact that you had an exam that day that you're pretty sure you bombed or that you didn't sleep well the night before. Either way you were completely off your game and it was pissing you off, especially because Jimin kept giving you knowing looks every time he saw you looking frazzled.

You were getting ready to punch him in the face, but that wouldn't help you serve your tables and make money, so his face gets to be pretty another day you guess (you didn't like him but you weren't going to bother denying that he was pretty).

You got to the bar well and took a deep breath and started going through your mental list of things that needed to be done. One skill (is it really a skill though?) that serving gave you was complete and utter tunnel vision. When you were in the zone, it was almost impossible to break you out of it - even when you are shitting the bed (as you were that day).

You had about 5 drink tickets lined up at the bar and you were mentally planning the next 10 things that you needed to do, so you didn't notice the figure standing (far too close) behind you.

"Having issues today, sweetheart?" Jimin's voice whispered into your ear and you jumped. You glared when you noticed the condescending tone in his voice and you started mentally cursing him.

In most situations (for example, if you had better control of your section), you would've dished out a sassy response to effectively shut him up. Unfortunately for you, Jimin was correct in stating that you were having issues (don't let him hear that though) and a snippy comment towards your nemesis was the last thing on your mind.

You had discovered that sometimes, completely ignoring Jimin did exactly what you needed it too however - that being pissing him off quickly. It seemed to work well in this moment because when you didn't answer right away, you heard him take a frustrated breath and all you could think of was: "Got him."

Apparently, not responding just made Jimin way more desperate to get a rise from you so he upped the ante.

"Need me to lend a hand with anything? I'd hate to see you fall behind." You swear your eye twitched, and you were biting the inside of your cheek hard in order to not say anything because you knew you were succeeding in pissing him off. You organized all the drinks on your tray in a way that you'd remember, and stabbed the drink tickets. When you turned around, you looked up at Jimin and gave him the sweetest smile you could possibly muster.

"Excuse me please, Jimin." "Two can play at this game." You thought as you saw Jimin's nostrils flare in obvious contempt. Hm, tragic.

You casually pushed your way past him and chuckled to yourself while you walked away, fully aware that Jimin was probably plotting your murder at that moment.

"Check and mate."

———

The rest of the shift followed the same suit - Jimin making snarky comments while you just walked away. Honestly, if you could have it your way, you would be making snippy comments right back to him (just to get him to maybe shut up for once), but your brain did not have the capacity to even comprehend any complex sentences (you couldn't even remember to bring one of your tables ranch - you knew that was going to haunt you in a nightmare in the near future).