Chapter 7: Cool Air & a Bottle of Vodka

You left the restaurant in good spirits and you couldn't wait to unwind a bit at this party. Things had been pretty stressful recently - with Jimin being a dink and school being chaotic, and you were really glad that you didn't turn down the invitation.

You knew Jimin would be at the party, but you decided to avoid him like the plague in order to avoid any stress or headaches that he was sure to cause. Besides, he'd probably have his hands full with the server he was flirting with this evening, so you might not even have to worry about it.

Before getting home, you decided to swing by the liquor store and grab the essentials - a 24 case of beer (for the inevitable beer pong tournament), and a 2-6 of vodka for shots. Looking at your haul, you already knew it was going to be a good night.

One of the servers who lived pretty close to you offered to give you a ride, and you were grateful - at least you wouldn't have to spend $30 on an Uber. She already decided that she wasn't going to be drinking much (if at all) because she was working the opening shift the next day, and she also had a ton of homework to finish and she didn't need to be hungover.

You immediately kicked off your shoes the moment you walked through the door of your apartment. The heels you wear to work were fairly comfortable - but only in short amounts and not after being on your feet and constantly walking around for 5 hours. You walked to the kitchen and dropped the bags of liquor on the counter as you checked your phone and saw a text message from your ride.

She had said that she just got home but desperately needed a shower due to the fact that someone had bumped into her and knocked an entire tray of alcohol all over her front. You completely sympathized with her (because you'd be lying if you had said that you never experienced that), so you told her to take her time. You glanced at the time and it was about 9:30 - realistically, people probably wouldn't start showing up to the host's apartment until close to 11 so you had at least a bit of time to get ready.

Your clothes reeked of liquor and stale food (mega gross) so you decided to change immediately. You threw on some jeans (honestly, you were stoked to wear something other than leggings or a skirt to be honest) and a plain white tee. It was nothing fancy by any means, but it still helped you feel like a new person. You touched up your makeup, and doused your hair in dry shampoo (to offset the smell of the restaurant), and you were ready to rock and roll.

Once your friend texted you that they were there, you grabbed the goods (liquor, wallet, phone, etc.) and peaced the heck out of the apartment.

Neither you or the other server had eaten anything yet so you decided to swing by McDonalds because you had learned from experience to never drink on an empty stomach (you'll never be able to drink rum again). You also (to the complete distaste of the poor McDonalds employees) ordered about 25 McDoubles to take to the party. You both smiled sheepishly at the cashier and ate your food as they prepared your obscene amount of burgers.

You got to the hosting server's apartment right when another group showed up at close to 11. It was a pretty swanky place located in the heart of downtown. He paid a disgusting amount of money for rent every month, but you could completely understand why. The view of the city from the balcony alone made the rent worth it.

You got to his front door and you could the music and the voices of the people who arrived before you and it was completely getting you hyped. You just wanted to go in, get drunk, eat some food and forget everything that was ever causing you any stress.

When the door opened, you were welcomed by the smell of cigarettes (almost everyone in the industry smoked - it was disgusting) and you saw a couple of the servers who arrived before you getting a start on drinking. The group that you came up with greeted everyone and you all started setting everything down on tables and getting organized for the night ahead.