Chapter 14: One Cream, One Sugar

When you woke up in the morning, you were still completely drained. You got home around 1:30am and texted Jimin to let you know when he arrived home. He texted you back that he made it safe and sound and somehow you two spent the next 5 hours texting.

You don't know how it happened - really. All you knew was that every time you went to go to sleep, your phone would ping with a new notification from him and you just had to know what it said.

Even though when you woke up and felt completely drained, you still had a smile on your face. For the first time all week, even though you didn't sleep much (only 3 hours to be exact), you felt more rested and rejuvenated.

You were disgusted with yourself.

You had somewhat convinced yourself that it was a dream, until your phone pinged with a message from none other than Jimin.

Jimin:
Good morning princess. I hope you slept well.

You:
Morning Jimin! I slept alright, haha. Just
A bit tired. What about you?

Jimin:
I slept alright. I was excited to wake up though.

You:
Oh really? How come?

Jimin:
Oh, no reason. Just couldn't stop thinking about someone
And couldn't wait to talk to her.

You:
Is that so? Do I know her?

Jimin:
Hm, you might.
Hey, random question. How do you
Take your coffee?

You:
Normally one cream, one sugar?
Why?

Jimin:
Hm, no reason whatsoever.
So I'll see you at work?

You:
Of course!

Jimin:
And you'll text me if you need me?

You:
Absolutely. 😊

Jimin:
Perfect. :)

You couldn't stop smiling, and because you were a massive dork, you went back and reread your conversation from the night before just to be sure you didn't dream it.

Lo-and-behold, the conversation was there and you squealed.

You put a bit more care into your appearance - for absolutely no reason whatsoever (nope, none at all) and gave yourself a few extra minutes to get your car started.

It was a complete pain in the ass (you had to pop the hood and spray brake cleaner in the air intake manifold hose. Yeah, you didn't know what it meant either, a mechanic friend of yours told you what to do and you had to google it) and you were on your way.

You were smiling like a moron when you pulled into the restaurant parking lot and could barely contain the smile while getting yourself ready for the shift. You suddenly felt a presence behind you and the smell of Jimin's cologne overtook your senses. Suddenly, you felt very dizzy, but in the best way.

"Good morning love." He whispered in your ear, and you turned your head to catch a glimpse of him and my god, was his one goal in life to kill you?

"Morning." Your voice was shaky as all heck and you couldn't stop the smile from spreading on your face. As soon as he saw you smile, he smiled right back at you. He held his hand out and you saw a to-go cup from one of your favourite cafes in his hand.