Chapter 4: Sick & Tired

Your cold didn't get better like you had hoped it was - in fact it got worse. You had a shift on Tuesday but you gave it away because your sinuses made your head feel like it was going to explode. Jimin was actually the one who took your shift (it would be his first shift not in training) and he told you he hoped you would be feeling better soon.

You actually started thinking that you were treating Jimin a little harshly when you first got to know him. After all, he never really did anything to you to make you not like him - you were just judging him based on previous experiences and you never gave him the benefit of the doubt. You actually started feeling guilty about it, and you fully intended to get to know him once you were better enough to go to work again.

Thursday rolled around and you were starting to feel better. Your head felt less likely to implode and your runny nose turned into just the sniffles. You had a shift scheduled that night and you figured you might as well go in and make some extra cash.

Your shift was scheduled for 4:00pm, and your 2 hour afternoon lecture was cancelled so you were able to arrive 15 minutes before (normally, you'd be really pressed for time so you were glad to be able to breathe a bit).

Once 3:55 rolled around, you walked to the front and immediately checked with the hostess to see your section. It was a pretty good section with a lot of booths (for some reason, people liked to sit in booths so you knew you were going to be fairly busy (thank gosh). You also mentally cheered when she made note to seat a reservation of eight people in your section for 6pm.

Your eyes scanned over the seating plan and they stopped at Jimin's name. He had a slightly smaller section than you and it was right beside yours. You were happy to know that you would be able to get the chance to maybe get to know Jimin a bit better so you could stop being such a judgemental bitch.

You checked over your section to make sure that everything was good to go, and almost immediately after, the host gave you a table.

It was a group of 3 middle aged men, and you knew if you smiled a little too nicely, and giggled a little too loudly, you could probably get a decent tip from them. You let them sit and get adjusted before walking over to them.

"Evening gentleman, my name is Y/n and I'll be taking care of you today. Is there anything I can get you to drink?" Your voice was an octave higher than it normally is, and sickly sweet. If you were honest, you absolutely hated it but you couldn't shake the habit of having a "customer service voice." You don't know why, but you thought that maybe it made you more likeable you guessed?

Apparently the men seemed to like it, because they all shared a look and that's when the flirting started. "Well, I don't know sweetheart, what do you recommend?" You internally rolled your eyes - you personally found the flirting to be gross because these guys were close to your dad's age but student loans were piling up and it was completely harmless.

You recommended to them a draft beer that was on special - a pint being only $5 and it wasn't half bad either. They obliged and ordered a round so you left them to it and punched in the drinks.

When you leaned against the bar well, waiting for the beers, Jimin was just clocking in. You smiled at him and he didn't really acknowledge you. "Hm, weird." You couldn't help thinking. Maybe he didn't see you? You frowned to yourself, thinking:

"Oh god, what if I've been so awful to him he doesn't even want to see me anymore?"

That could be likely - sometimes when you don't like someone, you just give off a vibe and are unintentionally a bitch to them. "Should I apologize?"

"Wow, Y/n. What's got you troubled?" Your eyes snapped from Jimin to the evening bartender. She raised her eyebrow at you and smirked. "Maybe someone is on your mind? A new server by the name of Jimin perhaps?" You didn't like the way she was insinuating that you were thinking about him.