Chapter 12: Same Diner, Different Thoughts

You spent (quite literally) the rest of your shift in the back room crying. At this point you were pretty sure you were crying for the sake of crying and you honestly just couldn't stop it. You guessed this is what happened when you were holding it in for literally a week.

Jimin, lovely, sweet Jimin was true to his word. Every 15 minutes or so, he'd sneak off to the back to see you and check on you. He would always make sure to bring you water and wanted you to finish the cup before he left. He wouldn't even say anything - just came and would rub your arm or would put his hands on your neck to support your head and his presence comforted you because just maybe, he liked you too.

Jimin snuck off to the back one more time, and thankfully you were feeling a bit better. Now you were just hungry and had a headache. He gave you a sad smile and wiped the tears that were on your cheeks with his thumbs. That's when you decided you liked him gently touching you - it was nice.

"Okay love, you're gonna be cut soon, alright?" You nodded and took a deep, shuddering breath to fully calm yourself down. Jimin gave you a tiny smile and handed you a bunch of receipts and some cash. "These are from your tables, okay? I haven't closed them out yet but all your tables were really understanding about everything okay?" You nodded your head and then you realized something.

"Wait, did you watch my tables?" Your voice was raspy as heck (duh, you'd been crying for like, 3 hours straight) but when Jimin heard you speak, he broke out into a big smile - so big that his eyes disappeared.

"Yeah, I did. The manager was doing a shitty job and they were right beside mine so it just made sense." He shrugged his shoulders, but just knowing how sweet he was being to you was enough to make you start crying. "Hey, hey, hey, please don't cry. I don't want to ever see your pretty face sad. It breaks my heart." His voice was gentle and his tone was comforting, and warm. You wanted to wrap yourself in his voice like a blanket and hide from all the troubles you were facing. His voice was your safe space.

You took another deep breath and Jimin seemed pleased that you were starting to calm down. "Thank you for looking after my tables." You whispered because you didn't trust your voice to speak any louder. Jimin gave you an adoring look and it made your heart race.

"Of course, you would do the same for me, wouldn't you princess?" Hm, princess. That was one of the first nicknames he gave you, only this time it wasn't said with a condescending tone. You really didn't like when he called you princess before, it made your skin crawl.

This time however, it was said with no malice behind it. This time, he said it affectionately and you felt your cheeks warm up and your heart race.

This time, he meant it.

"Now, have you eaten?" You shook your head - you knew there was no point in lying to him, he'd be able to see right through you. Besides, you didn't have the energy anymore to pretend that you were okay. "How'd you get to work?"

"An Uber." You kept your voice quiet because you didn't trust yourself to be able to keep yourself calm.

"Okay. I'm gonna drive you home - and no complaints." He said once he saw you open your mouth to protest him. "I'm gonna drive you home, after getting you some dinner."

"I was going to eat at home..." You crossed your arms, and you could see Jimin trying hard not to smile at you. You didn't like that he was trying to hide his smile from you - you liked his smile a lot.

"What were you going to eat?" You knew you were full of shit, and he seemed to know it too and he was calling you on it. Shit. You had guilty eyes and just casually shrugged your shoulders to avoid incriminating yourself. "Okay, well we're going out to eat." You nodded, seeming to understand that it was pointless to argue with him.