Avatar, Shirshu, and Perfumes, oh my! Pt.1

In this chappy, I'll be focusing on the gang as well, doing a switch POV, that is. You know how it is. It very important that—and I hope you've been paying attention. Just pay attention. I've been excited to write this one down forEVER. I hope you'll get it, and if you do, comment, in all caps, Hufflepuff, because that's my Hogwarts house, or your own Hogwarts house, or the nationality of your ATLA element, or just shout out your element based on the size of your pen---HAND.  I totally meant hand.

Sorry for the delay, you should already expect slow updates, especially from me lmao.

Anyway

Words:4112(ish)

Enjoy~

"How do I look?" 

Hestia presented herself proudly in the new clothes that she bargained for. She'd trudge around in dresses most of her days, she loved being able to move around freely. She'd given inspiration from her earth colonial clothing from Kyoshi and Katara's lovely blue robes. The robe in which finished her bodice was this gorgeous crimson, the sleeves hugged at her elbows, the torso doing much justice as well, especially with grey wrist wraps. She had dark grey trousers, and an overskirt that hung down to her shins parted up to her mid-thighs. Her shoes cinched around her ankles, practically blending in with the color of her pants.

It'd been perhaps a week, give or take, since their last resupply. Hestia took it upon herself to fill her wardrobe with other attire, much thinner clothes -- clothes more fit for the warming weather. It was time, though. Her dresses were beginning to feel like twenty pounds on her shoulders.

"Like you're ready to run away again."

Hestia deadpanned at her friend's unenthusiastic response and frowned, cocking her hip out sassily. "Thank you for your opinion, Zuko."

"Sorry, Hestia, " Zuko looks at her and then gives her a small smile. "You look nice."

But he didn't seem to look for very long as his eyes traveled to his hand, which fiddled with something.

"Is that Katara's necklace?" 

Hestia couldn't help but notice how Zuko rubbed the obvious Water Tribe pendant between his fingers. How long had he had it for? And why hadn't she noticed him fingering it before?

"You're on a first-name basis with those peasants?" 

"How many times must I say it, Zuko? Kids, they're just kids! Children!" Hestia scolds her friend, snatching the piece of jewelry from his hand, examining it as she felt a sense of familiarity looking at it.

"They're troublesome, that's what they are." Zuko scoffed, taking the necklace back, stuffing it back into his pocket.

"Oh, don't be such a drama queen." Hestia flips her hair over her shoulder, beginning up the ramp with Zuko in tow. "You're just angry because you've had your behind beat by a twelve-year-old boy." 

"I did not!" 

.

.

.

someplace nearby, but still far enough away...

Along the shoreline and within the forest, the gang ventures when stumbling upon something odd sticking out of the ground.

Not that odd, probably dangerous. 

Aang manages to free the, now known as a sword, brows furrowing in the discovery from the ground.

"Hey, look!" He calls Sokka. "A sword made out of a whale's tooth."

"Let me see that." Sokka quickly slides down a short slope, heart pounding with aspiration. Once his hands were on the weapon, he walked a short way away. "This is a Water Tribe weapon." He finalized after a moment of a short memory blossoming, his expression serious. "See if you can find anything else."