Warriors of Kyoshi

7228 words

In a clear starry night sky, a Fire Nation ship sails through the calm ripples of the ocean. Smoke fanned from the smokestack. Soldiers roaming on deck, going under deck and vice versa.

Zuko was meditating in his chambers, in front of a table with four single candles, the flames steadily increasing and decreasing in time as the prince inhales and exhales. He had his eyes closed in peace.

The door cracks open, Iroh peeking through warily.

Zuko opens his eyes, "The only reason you should be interrupting me, is if you have new about the Avatar."

It may sound like he wanted one thing: to get the Avatar, but by obtaining the boy, he gets Hestia back. It's been a while since the Avatar took her and he'll admit it to himself and his uncle, it felt a little...empty here without his friend.

Iroh pushes the door completely open, entering the room while holding a rolled-up scroll, "Well, there is news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it. Don't get too upset."

Zuko remained motionless in his crisscrossed meditating pose, "Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now, whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it."

Iroh tugged on his small beard, "Okay then, " He began with hesitation, knowing his nephew was not at all a patient person, "We have no idea where he is."

The flames of the candles suddenly erupt into a fiery mass, barely brushing the ceiling.

"What!?" Zuko growled, obviously enraged by the news.

The prince rises to his feet as his uncle shields himself from the heat of the flames, suddenly withdrawing a fan from the sleeve of his robe, and immediately began waving it to cool himself down.

"You really should open a window in here."

Zuko ignores his uncle, snatching the scroll from his hand, "Give me the map!" He unrolls and scans the parchment.

"Well, there have been multiple sightings of the Avatar, but he is impossible to track down."

"How am I going to find them, Uncle?" Zuko asked desperately looking at the completely disorganized map of zigzagged lines connecting at random points and islands. "He's clearly a master of evasive maneuvering."

~

"You have no idea where you're going do you?" Hestia deadpanned, watching Aang from his perch on Appa's head.

"Well, " Aang began slowly, "I know it's near water."

Hestia knew his answer was sure to get some sarcastic comments thrown at him, as they were currently flying over a vast body of water.

"I guess we're getting close then." Sokka was the first one with the comment.

Hestia chuckles. As much as she missed Zuko, she couldn't help feel more...well, alive with the Avatar and his friends. It was nice to joke around and laugh. I mean, the crew members aboard the ship would make jokes, but Hestia didn't really like the dark and adult humor they had.

From the corner of her eye, she sees Aang shift around, his eyes focused on Katara, who was sewing Sokka's ripped pants. She didn't know how he ripped them, but he did and now his sister was sewing for him.

"Momo, marbles please." The winged lemur dove into his masters' shirt and emerged, handing Aang two small marbles. "Hey, Katara, check out this airbending trick!"

Using his airbending, Aang manages to spin the two marbles quickly between his palms, grinning happily. Katara took no notice as she was sewing, and continued to sew.