The Winter Solstice Pt. 2; Roku's Temple

Despite Katara's persistent worry about Hestia's injuries and light-headedness, Hestia stays awake in the night. They had left the troubled village not too long ago, actually. Aang attempted to sneak away, but thanks to Appa's stubbornness, the young Avatar didn't get too far. The Senlin village leader was far too kind to help them with supplies, which was rather helpful because they were running low.

So here they are, soaring through the cool twilight atmosphere. Hestia found some comfort with the breeze brushing through her hair and clothes, like a remedy to soothe a burn, her aching body relaxed a little.

Katara had told her she would heal up in a few days, but it didn't really feel like she was healing much. Hestia lay in the saddle near Sokka.

Surprise, surprise, Sokka hadn't said a single sarcastic jester her way.

Hestia assumed he felt bad she took the hit for him. 

"How are you doing, Hestia?" Katara glanced back at the older female.

"Like a million copper pieces!" Hestia yawned out.

That certainly sprouted some smiles.

"It's good that you're feeling a little lively again, " Katara watches as the girl grimaces whilst scooting up into a sitting position. "But you should still take it easy for a little while."

"Hosh posh! I'll be fine! This is nothing! Zuko made me go through tough defensive training! Getting hit by a spirit is the least of the injuries I've gotten in the last three years." Hestia grins, but seeing her assurance isn't working on the waterbender, she tries again. "Really, Katara. I'm okay. Just sore."

"Well. . .I'm still gonna keep an eye on you."

That didn't work. If Hestia were being honest, if Zuko had been there, he would have locked her in her chambers, sealed her door shut and she probably wouldn't see the light of day again. Katara's motherly concern was better than being on lockdown.

Hestia was grateful Hei Bai didn't break any of her bones. Not that she's ever had a broken bone, but she's heard they're a hell of a lot painful. Whimpering internally, Hestia wished Katara had healing abilities. That would be so helpful right about now. In the water tribes, more in the Northern Water Tribe, there are many water benders who have the ability to heal.

Repositioning herself, Hestia curls into a fetal lay. As sleep threatens to take over her, the girl yawns.

It's been a long night.

!

". . .Faster!"

The sudden jump of her stomach was enough to cause Hestia to jolt awake. Her eyes frantically searching for. . .well, she didn't know. Spotting Katara and Sokka peering over the saddle, she immediately knew it wasn't good.

"What's going on?" She coughs out, the wind whipping her hair around while crawling toward the brim of the saddle. Any grogginess or any sign of sleep quickly washed away from her body; Hestia was fully alert and awake.

"We're being followed!" 

Heart leaping into her throat, Hestia held in a gasp. Zuko's ship! Oh, she didn't think she felt so relieved in her life! He was just so close—uh oh. Her eyes widen upon seeing a flaming sphere shoot from the ship. What the hell was he thinking?! 

"Fireball!" The shrill of Katara's voice jolted everyone, especially Appa, who barely manages to dodge the fireball.

"Ugh!" Hestia's face scrunches up as the rancid waste-scented burning sphere shoots overhead. "What the hell is he doing?! Using waste for bombs?!"