Bittersweet Reminiscing

I'm sorry about this being delayed, really! Here are reasons why you shouldn't hate me!

Reason #1: I'm super worked!

Reason #2: I'm super sorry!

Reason #3: I get off late!

This chapter is just a teaser, and once again, I'm introducing Hestia's parents and their lives before they died. But I hope it's gratifying enough to hold you back for a little bit. I recently applied for earlier hours so I'd have some time to have, well, time for myself and my works. You're probably reading and this like, "Why."

Because I said so, that's why.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment, a suscribe---THIS IS NOT YOUTUBE DANG IT

enjoy!

"Really, Mama?!" 

Small Hestia beams up at her mother, her eyes glowing like the moon itself. Excitement is clear already surfacing like moths to a flame. It burst from her bouncing frame.

The mother daughter duo sit on cushions on the floor in the living area, the girl slumped on her mother's lap for a brief second.

"Oh, I'm quite serious, Fire Lily, " The ebony haired firebender scooped her daughter into her, sending her into a fit of squeals. "Oh! My love...my sweet, sweet Fire Lily! My beautiful daughter, my one and only miracle...I'd never lie to you."

"We're really gonna go to Ember Island?! We're gonna play on the beach and make sand castles? We're gonna find seashells and make them into necklaces? We're gonna go see a play?

"Ah, how are my lovely ladies this evening?" Sokan makes an appearance, nudging the door open with his knee, his arms occupied by a crate of vegetables and fruits and wrapped bottles, which he places on the table nearby. 

Once the door is shut, Sokan approaches his family, kneeling down and adjusting himself onto the ground in a traditional crisscross.

"Papa! You're home!" Hestia bumbles happily.

"How is my lovely lady on this fine evening?" Sokan moves in closer to his wife and child, his fingers wriggling to tickle.

"No, Papa, don't!" Hestia bursts to high-hitched squeals, squirming when Sylvia joined in to tickle her sides and exposed feet. "Mama!"

The air is filled with the adults' laughter and squeals of their daughter.

"Okay, okay!" Sokan finally releases Hestia from his grip and tickling, which Sylvia slows her actions as well. "I'm finished, Love."

Hestia gave a glare to both her parents, face all red from her breathless laughter. Her shoulders and chest puff outward and back in from her lack of air. Her short arms are folded over her chest when she turns her face body away from her parents.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Fire Lily, " Sylvia scoops her daughter into her arms, giving the girl a hug. "You know we love to tickle you, Fire Lily, it's only fun and games."

"That's right! It's only fun and games." Sokan chimed in, grinning at his family, "You must learn to express your happiness wherever you may be.  Cherish the memories throughout your life, especially when we are gone."

"Gone?" Hestia's smile faltered, fear bubbling inside her chest. "Where have you gone? Papa, Mama, you're not leaving me, are you? I don't wanna be alone!"