Imprisoned

I am sorry for the delay! Not busy, just lazy! Thought you ought to know! Anyway, enjoy Imprisoned and I'll get back you with the next chapter: Winter Solstice, Part 1: The Spirit World! Word count: 6287

It was nice and almost quiet if it weren't for the natural wildlife chirping to life. Hestia and the others had planted themselves in a forest, a nice little grassy plateau, and clearing. The stream beneath it was running calmly. Katara, on the grassy plateau, was folding one of their sleeping blankets. Aang was lying on the root of a tree. Hestia was resting by the little stream, tossing small pebbles into the flowing water.

Momo screeches as someone approaches, landing on the plateau. His fur bristles, on edge of the figure rustling through the small bushes.

"You're back!" Aang perks up excitedly. "What's for dinner?"

Hestia lifts her head up, now seeing Sokka with a bag in hand. He dug through it, pulling out nuts. At first, she thought, how would nuts fill the four of them? Including Appa and Momo.

"We've got a few options. First, round nuts. And some kind of oval-shaped nuts? And rock-shaped nuts, that might just be rocks." Sokka then tossed the rock-shaped nuts to the ground.

Hestia resisted the urge to snort and poke fun at the boy, but she remembered...it must've taken a while to find his nuts. (A/N: I'm sorry...I couldn't resist XD)

Momo coos, sniffing the rock-shaped nuts, snatching it with a paw. He suddenly slaps it against a stone, attempting to break it. Taking the nut in both paws, Momo slams the nut onto a much bigger rock. At that moment, the entirety of the earthquakes, causing Momo to screech, hair standing on up on end.

"What was that?" Sokka looked around at the others.

"How should we know?!" Hestia stood just as the earth quaked once more, she nearly toppling over with the violent tremor.

"It's coming from over there!" Aang declares, running off into the trees, Katara and Hestia the following suit.

"Shouldn't we run away from huge booms? Not toward them?" Sokka squawked from way behind.

Maybe the boy was right, Hestia thought. But she couldn't be certain that an innocent may have been pummeled by a rock slide. She couldn't ignore the instinct to help people.

A minute or two later, Hestia found herself hiding behind a fallen tree with Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Momo. Turns out, it was a young earthbender. He was young, by the looks of it, he could've been around Hestia's age, she guessed. He bended boulders into the air, punching them into the side of the ravine.

"An earthbender!" Katara marveled.

Horray...If you hadn't noticed, Hestia obviously still wasn't keen about earthbenders. King Bumi was all the earthbender she felt like dealing with.

"Let's go meet him!" Aang excitedly chirps.

"He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously," Sokka says in an alert.

Katara jumps over the fallen tree, shuffling a few feet, and with excitement, she addressed the earthbending boy: "Hello there! I'm Katara! What's your name?"

The boy gasps in, well, mild surprise, dropping the boulder he was currently bending from the ground. He flees quickly, bringing down an avalanche of boulders to block the exit he ran.

"Nice to meet you!" Aang calls, his hands cupped around his mouth, making his voice louder.

At first, Hestia felt the young Avatar was being sarcastic. I mean, she would be too after that dramatic exit.