The Southren Air Temple; Return of the Avatar pt. 2

This chapter will be longer than the last. Words: 7322. I used the transcripts from online, so yeah. And I forgot a disclaimer meant for the beginning: I own only Hestia, her parents, and maybe a few civilians that will show up later on. The plot or show don't belong to me, if it did, I'd make Zutara a thing. Anyways, enjoy~!

The cool, raspy air was near frosting, Hestia felt. She didn't know where they landed, but it was mountain-like. Ugh. She hated this, the cold, I mean. The Avatar, Aang, woke with vibrant excitement that shone through with his giant grin.

His friends, Sokka and Katara, were still asleep within their sleeping bags. Katara was beginning to come to.

The two siblings were still gripping the fact Aang was the Avatar. It was quite a shock for them. Of course, finding out their friend is the beacon of hope for this corrupted world would most definitely be a shocker. In her mind, Hestia envisioned the Avatar to be an old man woman, withering away with pushing that last year of his life before giving life to another, more new life.

"Will we be visiting your temple today?" It wasn't a bright question to ask, since this area was where the Air Nomads were massacred, over one hundred years ago. Hestia is wondered if Aang knew about that small part of history? How his people were...were...no. He must have not known, seeing him hop on about with enthusiasm.

The boy grinned her direction, "Yeah! I can't wait to see everyone! I'm sure Appa is just as excited!" He bobbed on the soles of his heels.

"Listen, Avatar Aang, " Hestia felt it was only respectful to use honorifics with the young boy, "It's been over a hundred years since anyone has seen an Airbender, much less an Avatar, things might have...changed and---"

"Well, we'll know when we get there!" Aang carelessly cut her off, "And please, you don't have to call me the whole, " His nose scrunched up in distaste, "Avatar thing."

Hestia felt surprised, well more surprised that he didn't like the title. But, she could understand why he didn't like it. He was only twelve, basically still a child. Thinking of it, it took her back to when she suddenly became a firebender, she was also a kid. It was scary and all she wanted to do was deny her birthright.

Hestia cracked a smile, "O-of course."

~

"I must say, where's that water tribe girl that always clings to your backside like a leech?"

Stay calm, Zuko. He's not worth it. Zuko told himself.

Immediately after creating a convincing enough story about colliding an Earth Colonelship, Zhao just had the audacity to change the subject to Hestia. Zuko knew Water Tribe natives stayed in their frozen environments, rarely coming leaving their homes, but he would hardly call Hestia 'water tribe', even though she is descended. With her foreign looks, she doesn't fit in with the whole pale natives of his nation at all. They had some people who had olive tones, but none were as dark as Hestia.

"I'm afraid she was caught in the crossfire, " Iroh spoke up, gaining Zhao's attention, "She is currently resting within her chambers." He was calm and collected about the small bluff, but it was like Zhao could see through it.

"Hm. That's too bad, she could be a good company."

Zuko grit his teeth. "Shut up."

"Say, how is the search for the Avatar coming along?" He's pushing him. Zhao was pushing him so close to the steep cliff, not that he wasn't on it already. "Aside from being attached to that useless wench, that is."

Oh, he didn't! Zuko crushed the teacup in his hands, the liquid spilling over the table and his fist, but the tea steamed away from the increasing heat of his bending. His right eye narrowed at Zhao, gleaming dangerous, almost daring the older man to say another word about the Avatar or Hestia. His fists slammed against the tables' surface with a loud bang.