The Storm

HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYOOOOOO Beautiful Elementals!! It's me, your lady skinny dick-----which I don't have, but if I did have one, I definitely would not ride a bike....

ANYWAY

My most sincere apologies for this delayed chapter.

Obviously, I'm skipping "The Great Divide", and the last chapter was covering the episode "Jet", I've got plans that you're already beating me to. The Great Divide, in my opinion, is the worst episode of the entire franchise. Not to mention, what am I supposed to do? This story is in Hestia's eyes (mostly), so please don't be mad when certain episodes are not here!!!!

Also, a big reminder, I'm cooking up more ideas, I think you'll like them, but it won't be until later you'll find them out.

Anyway, let's get on with this show! Enjoy The Storm!

Word count: 3871

.

.

.

A small Hestia lingers in the mounds of Fire Lilies. She snickers, crouching behind a boulder that barely hid her at all. 

"Where did my Fire Lily run off to? Fire Lily?" Her mother's voice calls from their huts backyard, it bleeding into the flower field. 

The woman, her stomach bulging through her maternal attire. She keeps a balled fist near her backside and the other lazily grazing her round front. Her golden irises glance around the field. Sylvia is completely at ease, despite the extra weight inside of her, she is rather content.

Hestia tucks a strand of her messy braid behind her ear, ducking down quickly and crawling through the grass. Her clothes stained from the most ground, her hands caked with dirt and small cuts from playing in the stream nearby---she had fallen on some rocks.

"It's time to come inside, Fire Lily, there is a storm headed this way!" 

A storm? But the sky is completely clear!

"But Momma...!" Hestia pops her head out of the foliage, an expression of disappointment.

"No, buts, Love, " Sylvia said with a motherly look. "Now, hurry inside! Papa's going to be back any minute!" 

"We gotta make dinner before he gets here!" Hestia jumps onto her feet, determined to beat the time before her father entered their home. "Hurry, Momma!"

Sylvia lets out a hearty laugh, her head tilted backward a little with her shoulders shaking with each laugh she made.

"Wait for me, Fire Lily!"  The ebony-haired mother exclaims, smiling as her first child zooms past her. "I can't move as quickly as I used to, love."

When Hestia's tiny hands latched onto the door, lightning suddenly flashed across the sky. It's brilliant white light lit up the entire field. Booming thunder came roaring not long after, and then the harsh rain bore down. It was so intense for the child, she flinched near violently.

"Inside, Momma, quick---Momma?"  When Hestia looks over her shoulder, she wasn't outside anymore. She was inside her room.

It's dark, apart from candles on the long table set for mediation, which her mother kept lit every day. The room lights up once again, and then fearsome roar of the thunder clapping, like two earthbenders battling. 

"M-momma?" She says again, fear suddenly flaring up in her heart. "Papa?"

She slips through the cracked door and into the dark hallway. It hadn't been thundering and lightning so hard, maybe she wouldn't feel as terrible, but since it is, her fear becomes tenfold. The floorboard becomes cold on her toes, making the girl shiver only to hug herself.