Home Sweet Home

Harry closed the door to the flat after Louis and took off his coat and shoes, leaving them on the floor as he couldn't be bothered to put it in the right place. Louis stayed in front of the door, watching Harry move around the entrance before walking further into the flat. He had no idea what to do with himself or what he was allowed to do, so he figured it was safest not to do anything. Even if Simon had told Harry to take care of him didn't mean he couldn't hurt him.

Louis knew it was stereotyping but the way Harry looked really scared him. He was much taller than Louis and it was pretty obvious he was a boxer, his biceps practically straining his shirt. On top of that he had tattoos scattered all over both of his arms and Louis could see some more peeking out from under his shirt by his collarbones.

Then there was his temper. He was obviously not a happy, kind person and Louis suspected he was incapable of smiling. Maybe even feeling anything else other than anger and irritation. His whole demeanor just screamed 'stay away'. The only thing that made him look a little nicer, what his brown, curly hair and Louis had a strange urge to touch it. He knew he would probably lose his hand if he tried though. Louis really didn't want to get on his bad side... not more than he already was at least.

"Are you coming in or what?" Harry's voice sounded from inside the flat, startling Louis, who quickly toed off his battered sneakers and tip-toed into the next room, turning out to be the living room.

Harry was standing by the couch holding a pillow and a blanket. "This is where you're gonna sleep. If you want to stay here, clean up after yourself and stay out of my way!"

Still too afraid to say or do anything, Louis just nodded. Harry suddenly threw the things he was holding and Louis didn't have time to react so he caught them with his face, the pillow and blanket landing on the floor in front of him. He felt like crying.

"Bathroom's over there if you need it, kitchen's that way and the last room's mine. Don't go in there, am I clear?! Good, make yourself at home I guess." After pointing out the different rooms, Harry went to his bedroom, slamming the door shut after him.

Even though it was in the middle of the night, Louis wasn't tired. Not really anyway. He looked around the flat. It wasn't that big, but considering it was for only one person, it had a pretty decent size. The kitchen and living room were connected, a half-wall creating a sense of room and there were three doors - to the entrance, the bathroom and to Harry's room.

The furnishing was very simple and there was only what was needed. There were no pictures or personal effects anywhere, the walls bare and boring. Not even a plant or a painting. From what Louis had seen of Harry so far, this flat fit his personality perfectly. Cold and impersonal.

Deciding he could really use a shower, Louis carefully made his way to the bathroom, afraid to

walk into something or step on a creaking board and wake Harry. He had a feeling Harry wasn't in the best mood if he had been woken up. If he even had a good mood. Maybe his mood-range was just from bad to worse.

The shower was one of those with both a bath and a shower and Louis let out a little happy sound at the sight. He couldn't remember the last time he had showered, usually just doing a quick wash-up by a sink in a public restroom if really needed.

While the tub was filling up, Louis took off his clothes and laid them out on the floor to inspect them. He wrinkled his nose. Everything was dirty and shredded and, like him, hadn't been washed in ages. He filled up the sink, putting a bit of the liquid hand soap in because soap was soap and it was better than nothing, and let his clothes soak in the water. It wouldn't exactly get sparkly clean since he had no real detergent and he would probably have to sleep in wet boxers, but it was better than nothing. Hopefully Harry would lend him some clothes. Or at least let him wash his own properly.