A New Beginning

After the whole deal with Nick, it was like the moment between Louis and Harry had been forgotten. Harry seemed to blame himself for what happened, even though it wasn't actually all that bad.

Or maybe he just regretted what had almost happened. Louis really hoped it was the first one.

Harry was still trying though, let Louis decide what movies to watch, what snacks to get and even let him pick out a board game, which meant that the next few hours flew by quickly.

If this was going to be what it was like living with Harry from now on, Louis wouldn't mind moving in that much. Although Paul's idea still seemed like a good idea too.

He already knew what his heart would choose, but he needed to think with his head too. Without his stupid heart in play, it would have been an easy decision.

But no matter what he chose, he had this night with Harry and whatever happened was going to be an important factor in his decision, so he would have to make the most of it. Hopefully it would make it easier.

Which meant, that after they had eaten dinner and Louis had chosen another random movie, he decided to try and be a little more daring. Go big or go home. So as Harry sat on the couch, Louis carefully scooted over and wiggled under Harry's arm, cuddling up to his side.

He was too nervous to look at Harry's face, so he just focused his eyes on the TV, hoping Harry wouldn't push him away.

A long couple of seconds passed where Harry just sat frozen in place, and Louis was about to abort the mission when Harry finally moved, adjusting his position lightly so he could pull Louis a little closer.

Louis glanced up at Harry, who looked like he was trying hard not to look affected but was given away by his flickering eyes and slightly pink cheeks. Satisfied with Harry's reaction, Louis snuggled closer and focused on the movie.

Content with staying like that forever, Louis almost whined when Harry got up to go to the bathroom. He feared that Harry wouldn't sit with him again. As Harry eventually returned, he sat by the end of the couch instead, stretching out his legs, and Louis' heart fell. Then Harry sighed and held up his arm, spreading his legs a little to make room for Louis.

Beaming, Louis quickly crawled up and made himself comfortable on Harry's strong chest. This was so much better than before. And when Harry's arm was then placed around his waist, Oliver joining them on the couch too, Louis was officially in heaven.

* * *

Louis floated around on a pink cloud for the rest of the week. Nothing groundbreaking happened between him and Harry. After staying the night, Louis went back to staying with Paul and Niall. Not because he didn't want to stay with Harry, but it was like they both knew they needed some time to think.

Especially after the near kiss that completely changed the situation between them.

They still saw each other though. Louis came to see Harry train for his next fight, which was in the semifinals that weekend, and Harry came to the café to hang out when he had the time.

Nothing major had really changed between them other than they were now a bit more touchy-feely. Louis would lean against Harry when sitting next to him, and every so often Harry would absentmindedly do things like reach out to fix a stray strand of Louis' hair.

All of this happening with Niall, Liam and Zayn observing quietly from the sideline with fond smiles. Things were good. And Paul's plan began fading from Louis' mind.

He was happy.

They were currently getting ready to go see the first two fights of the weekend. Because Clint Smith was fighting in one of them, hopefully both of them if he won, but also because Simon was getting suspicious and had requested to see Louis.