Finally

It was quite late when they came home, but neither of them had been tired. Harry was still buzzing from his fight and Louis was undoubtedly making himself crazy with worry now that they knew Harry had to fight Rex in the final.

Instead of curling up by Harry's side or sit in his corner like usual, Louis planted himself in Harry's lap as soon as Harry had sat down on the couch and had, much to Harry's horror, started sniffling.

"Oh Louis, don't cry," Harry mumbled, feeling powerless as the small boy in Harry's arms started sobbing quietly. "Everything'll be fine, I promise. We'll figure it out, make a plan B. You won't have to go anywhere you don't want to."

"B-but," Louis hiccupped into Harry's neck. "What if Simon f-finds out, and what if y-you get h-hurt?"

Squeezing the boy comfortingly, Harry started rocking gently from side to side like he had seen Niall do when comforting Louis other times. He had always hated it when Louis cried, before it had been because it was annoying but now it was just heartbreaking.

"That's too many 'what if's," Harry mumbled. "We don't know what's going to happen, but we'll prepare for the worst just in case, okay? Whatever comes, we'll handle."

Louis just nodded with a sniffle and wiped his eyes with his sleeve as he tried to calm himself down again, his breath hitching every now and then.

What Harry didn't want Louis to know, was that he was worried too. The thought of something doing wrong and losing Louis was awful. He couldn't lose him, not now. With Simon there was no telling what might happen, and Harry was worried he was going to throw a curve ball they weren't prepared for.

He would just have to come up with a bulletproof escape plan, to make sure that if Simon did end up having something up his sleeve, Louis would still be safe. Perhaps even get him out of the country... It was something he needed to discuss with the others as soon as possible. Hopefully they would be available sometime the next day.

Looking down at Louis, Harry's chest tightened. This beautiful boy didn't deserve what had happened to him. But now he was with Harry, Harry was going to make sure he never suffered again.

It was difficult to pinpoint exactly when Harry's feelings had changes, but when Harry thought about it, he could see that he never really had a chance. The feelings had been there for a long time now; he had just been too blind and denied it.

And for some reason, this beautiful boy hadn't been scared off by Harry's harsh personality and frozen heart. He was still there right beside him, being worried about Harry's safety as much as his own. If not even more. God knows Harry didn't deserve this boy, but being the selfish person he was, Harry wasn't about to let it go.

"Louis..." he mumbled softy, feeling like his heart was about to burst when the younger boy looked up with tears still shining in his beautiful blue eyes.

Harry gently wiped away the tears from Louis' cheeks with the pad of is thumbs before gently cupping the younger boy's face. Almost immediately he felt the cheeks get hot under his hands as Louis' face flushed red.

Ever since Louis kissed his cheek earlier, all Harry had been able to think about when looking at Louis was his lips. He couldn't wait any longer.

Slowly, so very slowly, Harry started leaning in to give Louis time to pull away. He didn't. He exhaled shakily, blinking up at Harry almost insecurely as if to see if Harry was actually serious, before closing his eyes in anticipation.

Harry's heart was almost galloping out of his chest as he closed his eyes too. He had never been this nervous before, almost jumping when their noses brushed. Fuck. He had done this a million times before, it shouldn't be that different. But it was. With Louis it meant so much more.