Epilouge

"C'mon, you can do it babe. That's right," Harry praised, clasping his padded hands together before holding them up again. "Now do the same with a bit more power."

Louis huffed but struck again, the punch barely making Harry move a muscle but he smiled proudly at Louis anyway.

They were using a pair of boxing gloves that Niall had gotten Louis for his birthday earlier that day as kind of a joke. Louis however had been eager to try them out, and Harry volunteered to help him. It was kind of amusing how determined he was. And maybe also really fucking adorable. Especially now that he clearly regretted ever suggesting it.

   "More power," he ordered, jabbing playfully at Louis, who whined.

   "I don't have any more power, Harry," he complained, swatting at the older boy. "I'm weak. Leave me alone."

Niall cackled from where he was watching the two, laying stretched out on the couch with his feet in Zayn's lap, and Louis stuck out his tongue at him before turning back to harry with his puppy face on.

Harry caved immediately, cursing those beautiful, blue eyes.

They sat on the couch opposite to Zayn and Niall, cuddling up together. Outside the snow had picked up slightly, the fluffy snowflakes falling lacily onto the frozen ground where it stayed. The fireplace was crackling soothingly along with faint Christmas music. Liam could be heard from the kitchen where he was helping Niall's mum prepare lunch.

Having decided to spend Christmas Eve and Louis' birthday at Niall's, they had all headed to Ireland the day before, arriving just in time for them all to head to bed. But as most of them had other plans for Christmas Morning, they had moved dinner to lunch so that they could head home again before it got too late.

Maura had been delighted to see them all, especially Louis, who was welcomed with open arms. She had even made sure there was a special chair for the birthday boy, decorated with small balloons and serpentines, and had Louis' favorite cake on the menu.

For his birthday Louis had gotten a soft sweater from Zayn, a stack of movies and books from Liam, and with the boxing gloves, a big box of candies from Niall. Paul had given him a phone – something Louis had to be persuaded into accepting, as he felt like it was too much – and Maura had knitted him two pairs of fuzzy socks.

And from Harry...

Harry glanced down at the small boy in his lap who was fiddling with the new pendant around his neck, a content smile on his face.

At first Harry hadn't know what to get Louis, standing in the middle of the mall having an internal crisis as he watched everyone rush around to buy their presents. He had actually just given up and was about to head home, when something glittery had caught his eye in the window of a small store.

It was a quite simple design really; a silver snowflake pendant with a light blue stone in the middle, but it was perfect. Harry didn't think twice about buying it.

Luckily, Louis had absolutely loved it, and Harry had been right – it looked lovely on Louis.

Unfortunately, all Harry had gotten in return was a big hug. Because Louis refused to kiss him, even just a little kiss, until Harry's lip was completely healed, as he was afraid he would hurt Harry.

And no, Harry did not sulk. Not a lot anyway. He just really wanted to kiss Louis, okay?

It wasn't even like his face was that bad anymore. The bruises were almost gone, as was the swelling, and the cuts were healing nicely. He could totally kiss.

He couldn't help but rub his jaw, feeling the dull ache following the movement. It was a miracle he hadn't broken anything.

Honestly he couldn't remember most of what had happened that night. Just about everything in between seeing Louis being pulled away by Liam to him getting dragged to an ambulance by two officers was gone. All he could remember was Rex and two other fighters jumping him just after Simon had revealed himself. That, and the anxiety of not knowing where Louis was.