Friends

"Really?... yeah... yeah... I agree, it's probably for the best anyway. I wonder why Simon hasn't grabbed a chance like this, he's plotting something... I don't like it either..."

Louis blinked as he slowly came to, woken up by Harry's voice. He must have fallen asleep again after eating breakfast. Or, whatever the few crumbs he managed to get down could be called.

When fully conscious, he wished he had just stayed asleep. Everything hurt and he felt like he could just curl up and die. But even if refusing to get out of his wet clothes the previous day hadn't been the best decision he had ever done, Oliver was worth it.

"Don't worry Zayn, I've got it... yeah I know, I'll see ya."

Oh, so it was Zayn Harry was talking to. Probably about the fight later. Hopefully it wouldn't be Harry. No matter what Harry said, he really wasn't ready to fight.

Harry stepped in from the kitchen with his phone it his hand. He smiled a little when he saw Louis was awake. As he reached the couch where Louis was lying, Louis noticed Oliver trailing behind Harry, knocking into the older lad's ankles when he stopped. Sighing, Harry crouched down and picked up the kitten, placing it on Louis' stomach before sitting himself by Louis' feet.

"Zayn called," he stated and Louis looked at him expectantly, scratching Oliver behind the ear, hoping it was good news. "I'm not fighting until next week. I don't know what Simon's playing at, but this time it surprisingly seems like he's on our side."

He glanced down at the kitten and continued. "I walked your cat by the way, should be good for another couple of hours. We'll go get some things for it once you're better."

Louis nodded, relieved. "That's good - the fight I mean," he croaked, frowning at his hoarse voice. He really hated being sick. "Are the other's coming over anyway?"

If he was stuck on the couch being sick, he wanted to at least have someone entertain him as Harry would probably stay at a safe distance. If he got sick, he couldn't fight - especially now that his bruise had started healing.

"Niall might if he gets the time, but both Zayn and Liam signed up for work as soon as they heard I wasn't fighting. They promised to stop by soon though," Harry said with a shake of his head.

Oh... so he was going to be all alone for the rest of the day. That didn't sound too fun.

Almost as if sensing Louis' mood dropping, Oliver mewled and rubbed his head against Louis' hand to try and make him pet him. Smiling, Louis brought the kitten up on his chest and started running his fingers down its back softly, Oliver purring contently.

Surprisingly though, Harry didn't move to his bedroom, but picked up a book and settled on the couch. He raised a brow at Louis' confused face. "What?"

"I... I just thought - " Louis was cut off by a tickle in his throat that, as he tried to remove it by clearing his voice, ended in a coughing fit, his whole body shaking with the force of the coughs.

He really hated being sick.

Harry quickly handed him a glass of water that Louis quickly gulped down gratefully. He sniffled pitifully as he handed the glass back to Harry.

"You thought what?" Harry asked calmly, and Louis blushed, looking at his hands shyly. With Harry this close and with no immediate threat, Louis suddenly noticed how... good Harry looked once you looked past his scowl. Even the tattoos didn't seem that scary anymore. It really wasn't fair. This wasn't how it was supposed to be.

Stupid Louis. Better stop thinking like that. Nothing good is going to come out of it.

"I thought you'd go somewhere else so you wouldn't get sick... that I'd be alone," he awkwardly mumbled, his face getting warmer as Harry's eyes widened amused. He hated how Harry looked at him - always like he knew what Louis was thinking, like he was always making fun of Louis in his mind. Which he probably was.