6.BABY XIE LIAN!!

Hua Cheng had gotten used to waking up every morning with his arms wrapped around Xie Lian, his beloved's face tucked against his chest while their feet lay tangled, bodies sweaty from their previous night's activities. He loves this. After centuries of waiting, he finally had his beloved in his arms. This feeling, he could never take for granted.

However, when he woke up this morning he didn't have Xie Lian's warmth wrapped around him. Did gege leave? He got up quickly, Xie Lian wasn't wrapped around him but he could feel the warmth radiating from under the blanket. A small smile crept into his face and lifted the blanket. This time the Ghost king gasped.

Carefully tucked inside the blanket, with his knees hugged to his chest was a tiny Dianxia sleeping contently. 

If Hua Cheng had a heart it might have jumped out of his ribcage. He quickly scrambled out of bed and hastily dressed in descent robes. Careful not to wake him up, Hua Cheng slowly removed the covers and peered at the sleeping figure.

 Xie Lian appeared to be barely four or five years old. His features were soft, and his cheeks were chubby with a small nose in between them. His small chest rose and fell with every breath. Hua Cheng slowly reached out and placed his forefinger on Dianxia's small palm, what he didn't expect was for DianXia to grasp his finger and tug at it. Hua cheng's breath hitched, and ghosts didn't even need to breathe. The small figure stirred making Hua Cheng retract his hand. His eyelashes fluttered before he slowly opened his eyes, fixing his bleary, sleepy gaze upon the Ghost King before him.

Hua Cheng smiled softly at him, although he couldn't mask the surprise," Gege, how did you turn into a kid ?"

However the small Xie Lian seemed scared, and he immediately scrambled out of bed, his eyes darting suspiciously in an attempt to study his surroundings. Hua Cheng realized that not only had Xie Lian turned into a kid, but his memories were also gone too. He began to panic.

"Who...Who are you?", Xie Lian's voice was soft and high-pitched.

"I...", he trailed off. Who was he? His future husband and lover? well, he couldn't say that to a kid. "My name is San Lang. I want to be your friend," he said, and give him one of his most sincere smiles. This seemed to convince mini-Xie Lian and he came towards Hua Cheng, staring in awe at the various jewels that adorned his body, especially interested in the eye patch. Hua Cheng kneeled before him, holding his hand out for the child to grasp, and Xie Lian happily ran into his arms giggling like the small child he was.

There was something soft and warm about the stranger before him that made Xie Lian feel safe and secure. For some time he remained still, before starting to fidget with Hua Cheng's braid, rolling the red pearl between his thumb and index finger. Hua Cheng stood up while cradling Xie Lian in his arms, "How old is A-Lian?"

"Four", he said excitedly while holding up five fingers. Hua Cheng folded one of his fingers and Xie Lian looked at them before promptly shoving three fingers into Hua Cheng's face. Hua Cheng chuckled, earning himself a pout from Dianxia. A low growl erupted from Dianxia's stomach and he looked expectantly at Hua cheng's face.

Hua Cheng gently bounced Xie Lian in his arms once before asking, " What does A-Lian want to eat?"

"Roasted ducks"

"Roasted ducks it is !"

Before proceeding to cook for Xie Lian, he gently let him down first. Xie Lian stumbled backward at first but Hua Cheng was there to steady him. As Hua Cheng started preparing the meal he noticed that Xie Lian was looking disapprovingly at his clothing which was obviously too big for him. He ought to have given him smaller clothes but Xie Lian looked so darn cute in those oversized robes that he just couldn't help it.