11.Ruoye and E-Ming (2)

Ever since the first time, they became accustomed to their human forms and took that form as often as possible. Presently, Hua Cheng and Xie Lian had gone to the Paradise Manor to spend some 'quality time' and since it was secure and safe from enemies, the spiritual weapons had been allowed to stay back in Puqi Shrine by themselves and that was how they ended up with a crying E-Ming, a panicking Ruoye and a huge hole in the wall.

E-Ming, being as lively as he is, had begged Ruoye to play with him and the two had decided to spar. It was a friendly match, neither of them wanted to hurt the other. it ended up being more of a match of dodging with a mix of oblivious and very obvious flirting. After their little sparring session, E-Ming got excited and crashed into Ruoye's arms but he might have used a bit too much force because they were both sent flying into the wall behind, consequently creating a human-shaped hole.

"Calm down ...we can...we can fix it right?", Ruoye tried to reason.

"But I-I destroyed Dianxia's house!" E-Ming said through muffled tears. I'm unworthy of any Gege's affections!"

Ruoye disappeared for a while and upon returning gestured E-Ming to follow him. They picked up stacks of bricks that were stored at the back of the shrine. Puqi shrine breaking down wasn't an uncommon happening and so Xie Lian always kept extra building material nearby. 

Both of them were very strong and hence carrying them was not a problem. Within a few minutes, the entirety of the hole had been filled, although the brick red stood out against the grey of the building.

The sun had begun to set over the horizon painting Ruoye's white hair in hues of orange. He seemed to be lost in thought.

"Is something bothering you?", E-Ming asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

'Huh? ...oh". Ruoye returned a reassuring smile. A pregnant pause. "Is there anything you regret?"

E-Ming raised his hands to cover his sole red eye. " I might be feared now but I have a lot of failures to my name. " He clenched his fists. " I was born of hatred and evil." His voice cracked. Ruoye pulled him towards himself, running soothing circles on his back. E-Ming slowly relaxed in his arms and continued," I've failed to protect His Highness again and again..." he trailed off.

"I've always blamed myself for the death of Xie Lian's parents. In fact, I exist upon their life and blood, I killed them. Yet- yet he still. . ." He still doesn't hate me.  E-Ming looked up at Ruoye, grasping his hand in his own. Ruoye was surprised at first but slowly melted into the touch.

"We are both lucky aren't we ?" 

"Mn."

They stayed silent for some time, it wasn't the uncomfortable one but a much appreciated moment of thoughtfulness and quiet they allowed themselves to indulge in. 

Ruoye was the one to break the silence.

"Wait, you are a part of Hua Chengzu...doesn't that mean he knows what happened here!?"

The tranquil look on E-Mings face turned into an expression of horror and anguish and at that very moment, Hua Cheng's voice boomed across the garden, followed by Xie Lian's vain attempts to pacify him. They did not have much time to contemplate the situation before E-Ming received a blow to his head.

"M-Master I...I .."

"It was my fault' Ruoye chirped in. Xie Lian gave him a quizzical look, and Hua Cheng seemed surprised for a moment before he turned towards E-Ming again who looked ready to cry.

"How dare you disrespect his Highness! To think you have the guts to cling to him after having slandered his temple." His voice was full of scorn. 

Xie Lian tried to cut in," Now, now San Lang it's really fi-"

"I DIDN'T DO IT. IT WASN'T ME!", E-Ming cried desperately.

Xie Lian could have sworn that Hua Cheng froze for a second. 

i-I...Would never...I would never slander His Highness!" he continued.

Before the fight could aggravate any further, Xie Lian stepped in between the two, placing a gentle palm on both their chests with enough strength to stop them in their tracks. 

"Gege ! " they both said in unison. Hua Cheng's one came out as a whine while E-Ming's was full of relief. "It's fine, see Puqi shrine is fixed again! and no one was slandered ", Xie Lian pointed towards the brick wall and waved his arms in emphasis.

Hua Cheng sighed." Well, if Gege says so."  Xie Lian smiled at him before taking his arms and leading him away, much to his reluctance. But who was he to refuse his Highness, especially when it meant they could be back under their covers?

Before going, Xie Lian suggestively winked at them, leaving a blushing Ruoye and a grinning E-Ming. After they were gone, he immediately ran into Ruoye's arms, burying his head in the other's chest and earning himself a few pats. Today wasn't a bad day after all.

A/N - I'm tired. I have a test on the 30th and we haven't even been taught the full portion there are thousands of tests and assignments and my crash school wants to do batch selection AGAIN. I don't think I can update anytime soon. 

 I didn't edit or proofread so pls notify me of any errors.