7. Ten Thousand Statues But You are the One.

Xie Lian was standing at the kitchen counter of Puqi Shrine, stirring a pot of porridge when he sensed Hua cheng creeping into the room. He smiled to himself for soon his husband's arms were securely wrapped around his waist. Hua Cheng pulled him closer and breathed into his ear making him blush. His hands made his way towards Xie Lian's chest while he nudged his nose against his hair taking in his scent. The God shivered and dropped his ladle.

"Gege I missed you," He said.

"But weren't you gone only for four hours?"

"Separation is still separation, no matter how long". Xie Lian sighed and turned around. He cupped Hua Cheng's face in his palms and caressed his face, tucking the lock of hair that hovered over his eye and forehead. Hua Cheng leaned into the touch, closing in for a kiss. Xie Lian was always ready to grant him a kiss and so their lips met, soft and warm, desperate for each other's touch. Xie Lian smelt something burning and ended up breaking the kiss. they had gotten so caught up in their making-out session that the porridge had burned and charred. Xie Lian let out a frustrated sigh and rested his head on Hua Cheng's shoulder. Hua Cheng chuckled and stroked his hair assuring him that whatever food his highness made was going to be delicious. 

"San Lang-ah, that absolutely cannot be eaten, Xie Lian said. "There are some Dimsus left from the other day, let's just have those."

"Whatever gege wishes", Hua Cheng flashed him one of his sincere smiles and Xie Lian's breath hitched.

As the duo sat on the porch munching on their meal Xie Lian asked Hua Cheng, "Where were you all morning?"

"Just had to deal with some pesky ghosts in mont Tonglu, nothing that Gege should be worried about."

"Of course I'm not worried! San lang is strong enough to take of himself."

"Gege gives me too much credit. " Hua Cheng leaned over and placed a chaste kiss on Xie Lian's cheek. Xie Lian blushed again. "it reminds of the time we spent in mount Tonglu". Hua Cheng didn't reply.

"San lang do you remember the Cave Of Ten Thousand gods?" he asked. 

"...Yes," Hua Cheng said hesitantly. Of course, he remembers, Xie Lian thought, He made it!

"When we were stuck there, I was able to see some of your murals", Xie Lian continued, "But Mu Qing and Feng Xin did not let me see the last one."

He turned to face Hua Cheng who bore an unreadable expression in his eyes."I was wondering if, you could let me see that mural."

Xie Lian hurriedly added, "That is, only if you are comfortable with it." He did not want to overstep his boundaries.

"Does Gege really wish to see it ?"

Xie Lian nodded. Hua Cheng got up, and offered his hand to Xie Lian." Let's go now"

"Are you really okay with it?" Xie Lian asked worriedly.

"If it is Gege then I will show him everything he wishes", Hua cheng said seriously.

Xie Lian did not whether to laugh or cry. Hua Cheng took out two dies from his pocket and rolled them. In a flash, they were standing in among the stone walls of the cave, surrounded by Xie Lian's statues. 

"Gege, close your eyes."

Xie Lian did as instructed. Hua cheng took Xie Lian's warm hands in his own cool ones and led him through the maze. If there was someone Xie Lian trusted more than himself, it was Hua Cheng. So he let himself be led through the twists and turns of the cave before Hua Cheng stopped abruptly and he ended up bumping into his back. He sensed Hua Cheng turning towards him. Xie Lian could tell that he was nervous by the way his fingers trembled slightly and the uneven breaths he took at times although he didn't need to breathe.