Episode 5 - Her Handsome Bodyguard

Ethan was expecting for her to arrive. He patiently waiting for her on his seat. Always looking at her seat. Chance approach him.

"Waiting for her?"
"No. Why would I be waiting for her? She means nothing to me."
"Then explain why are you always looking outside and her seat."
"I wasn't!"
"Okay if that is what you say so. Anyways I have something to give you meet me at the corridor later."

Ethan ignored her and keep looking around.

"Ethan are you listening?"
"What? Ah yes I am listening."
"Oh-kay? I'll see you later."
"Where?"

"See you are not paying attention to me. You are always thinking about her." she goes back to her seat looking so upset about him and crossed her arms.

"Sorry. Chance."
"I promise I'll pay attention now. I'll meet you later okay?"
"Promise?"
"Promise." he gave her a pinky promise.

Chance smiled.

"Don't be upset now okay?" he held and caress her hand.

During their free time Chance is already waiting for Ethan at the corridor. Ethan came.

"Hey!"
"Hey what are going to give me?"

Chance handed out the box behind her and gave it to him.

"Here."
"A box?"
"Oh no open it. I am sure you'll like it." Chance smiled.

Ethan opened the box and saw a puppy that really looks like Charlie his dog who died.

"A puppy?"
"Uh huh well I am just thinking that maybe you'll like to adopt one. So yeah!"
"Thanks but..."
"I heard you have a dog before who died. So I was thinking to give you one instead. Charlie right?"

Ethan put a serious face when he heard about his dog. He doesn't want Charlie to be talk about.

"Don't you like it?" Chance saw him with a serious face on it. She thought that maybe he doesn't like what she gave. She pouted and put a sad face.

"Ah no no. I like it. I like it" he smiled but he looks like he was force to smile.

"Thank you. I appreciate it." he added.
"Really? Why did you look so serious awhile ago? I thought you don't like it."
"Nothing I was just wondering how you knew his name."
"Ah I got it from Dixie. She told me you had a dog before."

"Dixie?" he sighed.

"You are really in trouble right now Dix!" he whispered talking to his self.

"What did you say? Are you saying something?" Chance replied.
"Ah no anyways I have to go. Thanks again. Bye."
"Bye?"

Ethan drives back at home finding her. When he arrives he knocks at their door. Dixie's Mom opened the door for him and asks where she is.

"Ah hi can I ask where Dixie is?" Ethan asks.
"Ah she is upstairs." Dix's mom replied.

Ethan goes upstairs. When he already is upstairs he knocks at her door's room. Dixie replied "Come in."

"Ethan?"
"You! Why did you told Chance about..." he paused before saying anything.

"about Charlie!" he shouted and calms afterwards.

"Well she asks about what you like and I just answered duh!" she coughs.
"Why can't your mouth shut? Well if she asks about what I like why don't you answer another thing and not Charlie?"
"Etha..." coughs severely.

Ethan just heard that her cough is really severe. He asks if she was okay.

"Are you okay?"
"Is someone okay when coughing? the fuck." continuously coughing.

He touched her forehead and neck if she was hot.

"Hey you're hot. You are sick. Why didn't you tell me I mean your parents."
"I don't want them to be worried."
"But you are really hot now and cough looks serious. You should go check up at the hospital immediately so that you will recover quickly."
"No need. A lot of money will be waste."
"But health is more important than money. Without good health, no matter how much one spends on material things, that person will not be able to enjoy them to the fullest."
"Ah fine fine you talk too much."

I'll tell your parents about this.

"Aunt? Uncle?"
"Yes Ethan?"
"Didn't you know that Dixie is sick?"
"Sick?"
"Yes."
"Her cough is also severe. Her temperature is really high."

"Dad, let's get Dixie and bring her to the hospital." mom talking to her husband.

Dixie's dad carried her and bring her to the car quickly. He drove on their way to the hospital as fast as he can. While Ethan is at home.

"Hope you'll be fine." Ethan said.

Ethan visited her the next day and brought her food. Her parents invited him to visit and take care of her.

"Why are you here?" Dix asks.
"Here you eat. Your Mom said!"
"Put it there."

Ethan sits and look after her. Later on, Alex arrives. Dixie called her to visit her.

"Dix why did got sick?" she was worried about her and even checks if she is still hot.
"Girl, your temperature is really high."
"Oooh and who's this your boyfriend?" Alex asked her without hesitating.

"Ah no he's my body guard." Dix replied.
"He is handsome huh?"
"What? I think there is something with your eyes. Go check it out and look for a doctor."

Alex looks at herself in the mirror.

"Omg am I going to be blind?"
"Stupid! Nevermind." she rolled her eyes to her.

"By the way I'm alex. Her girl friend." she offered her hand for a handshake.
"Girlfriend? Like you know..." he furrowed his brows and wondered.
"Oh no you got it wrong. I said girl-friend. We're just friends. We just met though because she saved me last day."
"Ah Ethan." he gave her a shake hands.

"Alex are you just going to chit chat with him? I am the patient here. Take care of me." Dix said.
"Ah sorry. Here let me feed you."
"Good. Anyways you can go now."
"Me?" Alex asks.
"No my bodyguard."
"Ahhh bye Ethan!" Alex waved a goodbye to him.
"Okay bye Alex." Ethan leaves.

As he was walking he asks his self "Do I really look like a body guard to her? She even looks like a maid to me though."

"Is he really your bodyguard? He looks so fine." Alex said.
"He is and no he ain't look fine to me."
"Hmm!" teases Dix.
"Stop just feed me."
"Okay maam!" Alex chuckled.

After two days Dixie finally recovered. She goes to school healthier and happier. She goes to school with Ethan riding a train. He didn't took his car this time because he just wanted to commute.

"Let's go?"
"Huh? Why are you waiting for me?"
"I ain't I just... Okay fine we'll arrive together in the school."
"Where's your car?"
"Ah my car's broken. Quick we'll be late." he lied and didn't told her that his car is actually not broken. He just wanted to commute because he misses it.

They got inside the train. No more chairs available to sit. They have no choice but to stand and held tightly on the bars. People keeps getting inside until it has no space. Ethan and Dixie is right in front of each other so close. As the train is still on going the train later stops. Ethan accidentally kissed her forehead. Dixie was so flush. She was so surprise with that accident kiss.

"Eww what did you just do?" she wipes her forehead immediately.

"I didn't do anything it was the train. The train stops all of a sudden. It was an accident. Stop blaming me like it was all my fault."
"Still. You shouldn't have gotten close to me."
"Don't assume too much. It wasn't my intention!"
"It is always a worst day when I am with you."
"Tss."

They finally arrived at their school. Dix walks faster away from him.

"Ughh disgusting. His lips just landed on my forehead."

"This girl assume too much!" shook his head a little bit.