T H I R T E E N

(Aurora ; Runaway)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Tuesday
December 30, 2016

Ethan and I swiftly approach the table, Cams sitting next to Xander in her seat, leaning on him. They look so comfortable, cute together. I can tell she's genuinely happy when she's with him.

There is a empty seat next to her, and two empty ones next to Dallas who's on the opposite side of the table with his back facing us, they're talking, but I can't tell about what. Probably something dumb about school or how they're all about to graduate this year.

Cam is the first to see us, when she sees that I'm with Ethan she puts on a fake over exaggerated smile. Xander follows after her spotting us as we walk to them, he throws his hand up which triggers Dallas to turn around looking at us. It doesn't take long for sure to reach the table. "When you said you were coming I assumed you meant you were coming alone." She speaks to me through her teeth not daring to acknowledge Ethan's presence.

Ethan narrows his eyes at her. "It's this attitude that makes me not want to do nice things for you." He aims at her. I roll my eyes ignoring her joking negativity, instead I take a seat next to Dallas, greeting him. "Wow you actually look nice for a change."

Really, I like his outfit today. I look him up and down admiring his nude colored champion hoodie and matching nude sweat pants, the color really complements his olive skin. The string of his hoodie is tied like like a shoe string, no doubt something he did out of boredom. His gold chain and watch make him seem a bit professional.

"You have got to stop hitting on me, you're starting to look desperate Z." It's like he didn't hear the part where I said 'for a change'. He truly hears what he wants to hear. "Your head is so far up your ass I swear."

I turn my head to Ethan to see he's greeting Xander who has his arm around Cam. The exchange hellos and Ethan takes his seat beside me. "Bro Cam didn't tell me you were coming." Xander's tone is full of  enthusiasm, he reaches across the table and daps Ethan up... men.

"That's because he wasn't invited." Cam gives me a look that could kill.. "We were already together and I needed a ride. I didn't think you would mind." I shrug sitting back in my chair. I feel Ethan's arm fall over my shoulders mirroring Cam and Xander. His and rests on my shoulder, his thumb glides back and forth against my clothed shoulder.

"And you wonder why I have a calendar counting down the days till you're shipped off to College.." Ethan says triggering her to flick him off.

"Am I missing something? I thought you were with Grayson..." Dallas brings the attention of the table to him. I didn't even realize I didn't cover that with him.

"Yeah I was gonna ask that too. What's up with you two?" Xander asks with a laugh hoping that will mask any awkwardness... it doesn't. Instead it just accentuates it.

Ethan and I both look around the table, then at each other, we're probably thinking the same thing. Thinking about how to explain ourselves without looking shitty, without having to tell the whole story of what happened in New York. I know I can't.

Lucky for me he speaks up for both of us so I don't have to explain. "She was, now she's not." He looks at me, asking me with his eyes if that right. I look between Xander and Dallas nodding, agreeing with what Ethan said. Plain and simple, straight to the point.

"So you two.. are you like a thing now?" Xander asks cautiously. I feel like I'm being interviewed..

"Something like that." I shrug earning a smirk from Dallas, I can tell he's about to say something slick, just from the mischievous look he has right now. "Something like that? You two are matching right now.