Reacting to Thor {First Movie} Part Three

'Reacting to another part... ah, here it is. Enjoy... or not.'

"What does she-" Rhodey changed his mind. "Never mind."

"Starting," Frigga quietly announced.

Thor's four friends, Sif, Hogun, Volstagg, and Fandral - all entered the hall. Lady Sif raised her hands, asking, "Redecorating, are we?"

"Painting the floors," Sif snorted. "With food. And liquor."

"Such poor food," Volstagg sniffed, wiping his eyes with a handkerchief. The handkerchief itself was well-loved, with all its faint food stains and grease marks. Hildegund and the rest of his kids laughed. Hogun and Estrid shared the same neutrally worried glance at the thick-setted ginger haired family. 

"Apologies, my friends! I was simply angry," Thor grinned.

"Mhm..." Loki rolled his eyes to the ceiling. 

"That's some poor anger management." 

"What's this?" Volstagg asked, shocked at the sight.

"Yes Thor, what's this?" Darcy questioned. Thor shook his head. 

"Food..." Volstagg huffed, shakily wiping away another tear. 

Hogun and Fandral both patted his back.

Thor breathed heavily as he tensely circled the area, all of which were now in shambles, to sit on the golden steps lining the room. 

"I told you they'd cancel it," Hogun stated, obviously referring to the ruined coronation. 

"We thought you'd just being your normal, cheery self," Fandral commented.

"We thought wrong," Fandral admitted. 

"All this food," Volstagg murmured. "It's just cast to the ground, it's-" he breathed through his emotional response, "It breaks the heart."

Volstagg whimpered. 

A man clad in tall, dark leather boots stepped out from behind a pillar - Loki. He crouched down to sit beside Thor on the lower rows of stairs. 

"It is unwise to be in my company right now, brother," Thor warned.

Loki nodded his head in agreement and remarked, "Who said I was wise?"  he said as he settled down beside him. 

"This was to be day of triumph," Thor said in discontent.

"It'll come, in time," Loki reassured. Sif watched their conversation curiously as Volstagg gathered an platter of food untouched from Thor's table-flipping wrath. Loki looked back at the other warriors and shifted closer to Thor, leaning in quietly to whisper in his ear:

"If it's consolation, I think you're right - about the Frost Giant, about Laufey, about everything. If they found a way to penetrate Asgard's defenses once, who's to say they won't try again? Next time, with army."

"You're manipulating him, aren't you?" Natasha remarked, one eyebrow angrily arched.

Loki bit back a smirk. "Perhaps. Most of the manipulating was done by someone other than me. Preferably, one that looks like a medieval dressed pirate. Oh! And don't forget Thor's rage. That's a key factor in this entire scene. Or memory."

Odin glared at Loki, who began to look away, unimpressed.

"Tis true. My rage played a huge factor in the events that I presume, rather, that are going to happen. Inevitably going to happen. Have happened," he fixed, staring sullenly into his lap. For a moment, a flash of sympathy appeared on Laufey and Farbauti's faces.