One

"Riley, its time for you to get up and get dressed." Was the first thing Alyssa tells her daughter that morning. She knew Riley liked sleeping in, but she has school and the young blonde just has to wait.

Riley fell out of her bed. "Ow." She mumbled as she raised up and looked at the time. "Great. School."

"Sorry sweetie."

Riley smiled as she knew her mother meant every word. She always looked up to her mother for taking care of her for sixteen years. The blonde got off the floor and started to get ready. Alyssa walked in and hugged her daughter. "Mom, why have you never dated?" She asked. "I want you to be happy and be in love."

"Honey, I don't need no man. I have my daughter and that's all I ask for." Alyssa tells her as Riley looked at the mirror to look at her mother. "You are so beautiful and there is someone out there that is your soulmate."

"You've been saying that since I was born." Riley said as she looked at her. "What does that mean?"

"You'll find out when you meet him."
~~~
Emmett stood near his family. Today was going to be a long day. That's what he thought when he saw a car that held a beautiful blonde. They have just arrived to Forks and Emmett was already interested in one person. Riley got out smiling and looked around her. Everyone waving at her and some asking about cheer practice. "Are they the new students?"

"Yeah. Their the Cullens." Jessica said. "I think you'll be perfect for him." She pointed at the buff guy.

Riley looked and smiled. "I'm going to be the first to talk to them." She tells them. Everyone watched the star of Forks high walk up to the Cullens with a smile. "Hello." She said. "My name is Riley Carter and I wanted to welcome you to Forks."

"I'm Alice." She said as she took this opportunity to speak to the human. "This is my boyfriend, Jasper, his sister, Rosalie and boyfriend Devin, these two are my brothers, Emmett and Edward Cullen."

Riley looked at Emmett and smiled. "It's nice to meet you." Emmett shook her hand, but was shocked by their touch. Riley smiled at him just for the bell to ring. "I'll see you all later."

Emmett nodded and watched her walk away. "She's mine." Was all he could say as Devin patted his back.

"She seems nice." He said as he walked away with Rosalie.
~~~
Riley walked out of her class as she was heading to lunch. "Riley." She turned and looked at Emmett. "I was wondering if we could sit together."

"Sure." She said as they walked together. "What brought you and your family to Forks?" Riley asked. "Sorry, just curious."

"It's fine." He tells her. "We wanted a change of scenery."

"Forks is a beautiful place..."

Rosalie stood by her mate trying to understand the golden specks in Riley's eyes. "Rosalie, love, what are you thinking about?"

"Her eyes." She tells him. "Did you see her eyes?"

Devin thought back to their first meeting with Riley Carter. He could tell she was beautiful. He tried to think if he looked her in the eyes and remembered the glimpse of golden specks he seen. "Yeah. She has golden specks. Why?"

"I think there is more to her bond with Emmett and we need to find out more." She said as Edward, Alice, and Jasper.

"We will find out once we get home." Edward said. "She's too much like Emmett."

They walked in to see Emmett laughing at the blonde. Everyone that knows Riley knew she would make the new students feel welcomed even though they don't socialize, but Emmett made a choice to be around Riley Carter and this girl was special in some way.
~~~
Sometime that day, Riley was looking through her bag when she noticed her phone was missing. Sighing, she walked outside and sat on the bench thinking about her life. She had a wonderful life, but she wondered what it would have been like if she knew her father. "Riley?"

She looked and saw Emmett. "Don't scare me like that." She said. "What are you doing out here?"

"Miss. Jones went into labor." Emmett tells her. "I knew you had a free period and came searching for you."

"You didn't have to." She tells him. "I like time to myself as I can think."

"I've done that a lot." Emmett tells her. "For some reason, I want to be around you. Your funny and interesting." Riley blushed as Emmett smiled. "I just noticed the golden specks that is in your eyes."

"All my life my mom has told me that I was a soulmate to someone with golden eyes. That's why I have specks in them." She tells him. "I've always been curious about how she would know and I found a book that explains a lot, but haven't read it yet."

"Do you mind if Rosalie looks at that?" Devin asked as he walked over. "She has been doing research on stuff like that and couldn't find a book that held that type of information."

Riley was confused as to when he showed up. "Umm...Sure." She said. "I'll bring it tomorrow."

"Thanks."
~~~
Alyssa heard her daughter mumbling about the soulmate book she has. "Looking for this." Alyssa said getting Riley to look and see the book.

"There it is." Riley said as her mother looked down at the book.

"Have I ever told you of why you were born."

"Because you wanted a daughter." Riley said smiling.

"That too, but another reason was because my family told me some history about those of the Rez and a treaty that was made with vampires."

"Vampires?" Riley asked.

"Yeah. They loved reading conspiracy theories, but one stood out." She tells her daughter. "There will be a human born with the color of her soulmate's eye color."

Riley just gave her a look and laughed. Alyssa laughed as she knew her daughter didn't take it serious like she did long time ago. Riley smiled as she took the book from her mom and smiled. "Thanks mom."

"Anytime sweetie."

What Riley didn't know was that the family stories that Alyssa grew up on and what she grew up hearing was true and that she was that special girl that was brought up in the stories.