Nine

A week since Edward left and Riley didn't pay much attention. She knew that the others were stressed, minus Alice, of course, because of Bella Swan's staring. Emmett didn't mind it as he was staying out of what ever the drama is that was coming. "Riley, its time for you to go."

Riley grabbed her jacket and bag. "Mom, are you going on a date with Charlie tonight?"

"How..."

"I saw you two kissing." She says. "I'm proud of you."

Alyssa smiled as she watched her daughter leave. Riley ran up to Emmett and hugged him making Alyssa smile. Her daughter was in love and so was she.
~~~
Emmett was kissing Riley as Edward shook his head. "How long will those two continue to kiss?"

Emmett looked at Edward as Riley buried her face in his chest. "I'm sorry that I can do whatever with my mate." He says. "Riley is my world and I will be around her, kiss her and do whatever she wants. I'm not leaving her like you did Bella."

Riley looked up at him worried. She looked at Edward to see him walking away. "Is it me or will he do something that will jeopardize everything."

They all looked at her as Emmet kissed her head. Something about today was making everything feel unsettling. Hearing the bell ring, Riley hopped off Emmett's Jeep and walked away with his arms around her. "Is it me or is her eyes becoming more golden instead of blue."

"I noticed that." Rosalie says. "I've been reading her grandfather's book and he said that the final step for her eyes to be completely golden is by them completing their mating process."

"Why do I get this feeling there is more to this?" Jasper asked.

"Because their bond will be stronger than what it is."

"Meaning they can't be away from each other." Devin says. "Thats going to be fun."

Emmett and Riley could be seen sharing a kiss as they went separate ways to class. The one question going through their heads is when will they complete the bond.
~~~
Alice smiled as she sat beside Riley. "When would you want your first time to be?"

"Thats an out of the blue question." She says as she looked at her friend. "I don't care as I just want Emmett to be comfortable with the idea, there's no rushing." Riley looked at her book then to Alice. "Why were you even asking?"

"I was just wondering."

Riley shook her head knowing the girl was hiding something and what ever it was had something to do with her and Emmett. Speaking of Emmett, Riley saw him walking over to them making her smile. "Hey."

"Hey." He says as he kissed her. "Ready to leave?"

"Actually, I need to go talk to Bella right quick. Might as well get to know her."

Emmett nodded as he watched his mate walk over to Bella. Riley heard tires squealing causing her to stop and look. Emmett was shocked when the van hit Riley. "No!" He said as he ran to her side.

Everyone watched in fear as they saw Riley laying in the middle of the parking lot. "Baby, Im here."

Riley looked at him with a smile before she blacked out.
~~~
Alyssa ran in and saw Emmett. "Emmett, please tell me she's okay?"

"They have her in surgery." He tells her.

Alyssa started crying as Charlie ran to her after hearing from Bella about Riley. Emmett looked up smiling at them. Alyssa had her support as his support was in surgery.
~~~
Riley groaned as she started to wake up. Emmett was by her side within a minute. "Hey." He says as she looked up at him.

"Hey." She says. "Is mom here?"

"She's eating dinner with Charlie." He says making her smile. "I thought I lost you, baby."

"You probable thought about turning me."

"Yes. The pain I felt when you got hit...if it ever comes to it, I will turn you so I won't lose you." He tells her. "My special mate."

Riley smiled as Emmett kissed her. Alyssa and Charlie walked in to see the two sharing a kiss. Alyssa was glad that her leg broke clean through causing them to have surgery. She would be lost if she lost her daughter. Emmett pulled back causing Riley to see her mom. "Hi."

"Hey sweetie."

Emmett sat on the other side as Riley refused to let him leave. He kissed her head making her smile. She knew when she wanted her first time to be.